Possibility that Wappler always records log file

Hello!
I hope everyone is having a good day.
I don’t know if this has been proposed, or if it has been discussed. But I see that there are many cases in which errors cannot be replicated and it is difficult to report them (it has happened to me too).
Are there possibilities of maintaining a registration valid for 1 or 2 days without having to restart with logging?
I even think it would be good if the “send report” button could be sent directly to the team [Sometimes we don’t post it on the community (¿Maybe it’s for fear of “exposing” something?)]
What do you think?

We’re already doing this, since Wappler v2.x. We have a fully automated bug tracking system based on Sentry.

1 Like

Hello Teodor thanks for the reply, but I think I expressed myself in a way that was not clear.
I’m not talking about the crash system that says “don’t worry a report has been sent”

I’m talking about the wappler.log file that is possible only with “restart with logging”
The one you ask when we need to reproduce an issue and attach the file here.

Our error reporting is automatically connect with our Sentry server and report any errors that occur, not only crashes.

However it is sometimes difficult to identify where the errors come from and to which bug report they are connected. So there is when the debug log comes in place.

Also we the debug logs don’t include any sensitive info, but in case of worry you can send those in PM.

And lastly we are not enabling the debug log per default because it is a heavy operation and it will cost a lot of performance when on continuously.

Also it is good to be able to reproduce the problem after restart with debug so then we know we are dealing with real reproducible problem.

3 Likes

Thank you guys for the clarification.
I’m thinking on those cases where we can’t replicate the issue, sorry if I propose something that can not be done.

I’m dealing with a “reading id = null” red notification but don’t know exactly how to recreate it. It just randomly appears.
I’m not the only one who can not recreate an issue so I was thinking something like Android Studio where it has a log file that records the last 2 days.
But I understand your point George.
Thanks again.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Weird error toast appears