Pop-up Window Sizing Issue When Using External Monitors

Wappler Version : 6.0.5
Operating System : W11
Server Model: NodeJS

Log file does not show anything. wappler.zip (2.9 KB)

This issue is not only with the action picker popup, as shown in video, but with any such popup - like dynamic attribute/events etc in properties panel, framework popup in the properties panel etc.

This issue occurs only when using external monitor. Not the new multi-windows thing, just using external monitor.
Also, for all the systems we have, this is happening only for 2 developers. Working fine for all others that are using external monitors and on 6.0.5.
And if these two dev move the Wappler window to main laptop screen, the popups start working fine again… even while the external monitor is connected.

1 Like

One more point to note: we have tried clean install as well. No luck.

What do you define as external monitor? Just an additional monitor to Windows 11 and how is the desktop setup, does it come as additional screen or mirroring?

Also if it happens on only two developers - what is the difference in their pc setup?

It is difficult to solve when we can not reproduce the problem.

I don’t even know how to answer this question.

Extended screen.

One dev has a different machine.
Other dev has the same machine that 3 other devs have.

Maybe add some more logging? Because the logs aren’t capturing this as I have shared.

@George Just heard from another dev, using another third type of laptop, experiencing this issue.

All of them with w11? I’ll take a look on w10 but I’ve never seen something strange

All on Windows 11 Pro, whatever the latest version is.

I think this is the same issue here, if so, it’s fixed in the next update:

Is there a different DPI scaling between the main monitor and the additional external monitors? What are the resolutions and scale factor setup in Windows?

Laptop 1: 2560x1600, 150% scaling.
Laptop 2: 2560x1600, 150% scaling.
Laptop 3: 3200x200, 200% scaling.

All desktops: 1920x1080, 100% scaling.

We have other laptops with scaling like above, which do not have the resize problem.

I mean is there a scaling difference between the main screen of the laptop - where Wappler comes on initially and the external monitors that you attach to it - that gives a wrong popup sizes?

At least that is the case I presume? When you attach some external monitors to the laptop and move Wappler there - then the wrong popup sizes display? While on the main screen of the laptop they are ok?

Improved now the size restore of the popup windows to take account of moving to different monitors that might have also different scale factor.

1 Like

This should be fixed in Wappler 6.1.1

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.