Please update Swiper version in Wappler

Unable to use new methods and functions of swiper.

When you provide us with a bit more information we could probably help you, which methods/functions are you not able to use?

I have been trying to change the swiper direction dynamically
so for direction ‘rtl’ the navigation does not reverse.

dmx-bind:dir does not update the instance of the swiper.
so i have tried swiper.changeLanguageDirection(direction) which is throwing not a function console error.

1 Like

Wappler swiper is at v 4.5 from 2019 and they are up to v 9 currently.

For me I’m hoping to see performance improvements. We have half a dozen swipers with ~20 cards each, and I’m seeing errors like the following on android devices:

If I reduce to a couple swipers, or reduce to fewer cards, the errors are reduced, but not completely.

1 Like

We should probably create a version 2 with the latest swiper since the api changed to much and a lot of new features are added.

2 Likes

If you are creating a new version, could you have a think about making it play better with F7’s own swiper? Currently many of the classes are the same and seem to cause some compatibility issues. I’ve only just started using it and haven’t had time to look at the full impact of clashes to make a list - sorry.

Framework 7 comes with the same swiper component we are using in Wappler: https://swiperjs.com/

Seems the API isn’t changed that much as I was expecting, we are working on an update.

3 Likes

Swiper has been updated to the latest version 9 with quite a few new options.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.