No more Changes files visible in production target

Hi everybody,
Just did an add in one of my table and wanted to replicate it on production DB.
No Change Files are available anymore in wappler production view.

Any idea?

Dev view (OK):

Prod view (NOK):

Finder (OK):

Many thanks

up?

Hi everybody,
I already have the problem and can’t update my production database scheme since my change steps doesn’t display in Changes list…
Neither I installed the two last Wappler versions.
Thanks for your help

Click on the red message to see in the property panel, what the error is. Seems like something is wrong connecting to the database

Hi George,
Next the message:

(I didn’t delete any files…)
Thanks

well seems your database have a database migration file executed that is missing locally? Try scrolling a bit more to see the full file name.

All migration files should be present in .wappler/migrations/db/

I can’t scroll or do anything to display the file name…
The .wappler/migrations/db/ folder includes files:

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

You should be able to see the full list of missing migration files in the debug log.

The restart with logging button relaunch Wappler without the logging (email+code) process.
I tried before and after rebooting my mac.

Not sure what you mean by that. Restarting with logging restarts Wappler with logging enabled. Just do the steps explained in the article George posted and then go to the folder mentioned there, get the debug log and attach it here.

report1679922353131.zip (185.1 KB)

well in the log file I see:

The migration directory is corrupt, the following files are missing: 20230122113412_add uh_ref table lieux.js

could you check where this file is?

I can’t find it in the .wappler/migrations/db/ folder neither anywhere in my computer.
Looking after the change’s name and my table schema, this change has not been applyed.

well it seems it was applied to the remote, otherwise it won’t be recorded…

if you are really sure it wasn’t important and not needed, make a dummy file with the required name 20230122113412_add uh_ref table lieux.js and the following contents:

exports.up = function (knex) {
};

exports.down = function (knex) {
};

and save it in .wappler/migrations/db/

then you should be able to refresh the remote database changes and see it as already executed change. You can choose to Undo it from the content menu if you wish or leave it as is - as it is an empty change action.

1 Like

Thanks for your help!

Just to clarify have you ever deleted this change from either the UI or the Migrations folder not just since the error occurred?

Or was there maybe a error when applying this change etc

Just trying to workout the cause of this

I do not delete files from UI neither migration folder since I had problems with several months ago with a test version of my project. I manage db very carefully since this.
I think the problem happened while applying the DB change…

1 Like