No formatters for array type

Wappler Version : Last stable
Operating System :MacOS Sonoma
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: PostgreSQL
Hosting Type: custom

I have a DataView, inside it there is an element of type Array - when I try to build an expression based on it in the filter - it is impossible to select a single formatter - the list is empty.

everything is fine with other fields

Are you sure you didn’t manually change the type dropdown in the data picker?

yes, this is originally an array. But if you try to use it in dynamic binding from another place, then everything is fine. That is, the problem arises precisely in the filter in the DataView

If you change the type on it, formatters appear - although not the ones needed for the array

Here is an example when I use it in a simple variable

Sorry i am not sure i understand what exactly are you doing. Also it’s not clear from your screenshots. Can you try to explain step by step in more details what exactly are you trying to achieve?

I have an incoming data object from SC and the following screenshot shows that formatters appear normally for an element of array type

I use it as a data source in a DataView and try to set a condition in the filter (I need to check whether a certain value is contained in this array). And in this place formatters are not available

And what is the filter condition you want to check?

like this - places.join(’,’).contains(select_calend_places.selectedValue)

Aren’t you on the beta extensions channel?
The data view filter dialog has been update with new expression builder there, where it’s easier to build complex expressions:

I am on stable channel

Well … switch to beta and try again doing this.

Nothing has changed, should we enable experimental functions?

No, just switch to beta, restart wappler, update the files suggested in the project updater and you will see the same as on the tutorial i posted above.

It looks like this thing doesn’t work normally, first of all, there is no “join” in the list of functions, and when I manually entered the code and it even seemed to work, then when I open it again it’s empty

What is your final goal? What are you trying to achieve? What exactly do you want to compare of filter in the data view?

I need the filter to select either all data if the selection selector has a value of 0, or to select those in which there is a selector value in the places array - in the old version this task is easily solved through such a filter, if it worked

places.join(’,’).contains(select_calend_places.selectedValue)||(select_calend_places.selectedValue==0)

I have events on different places, sometimes there is one event on several at once and this is a filter to show everything or select by place

And in this beta version, the calendar began to behave abnormally - when the data source changes, it does not update the display until you manually change the period

Post different issues in different topics please!

so I’ll have to return to the stable channel - and I’ll create a separate post :slight_smile:

I still don’t understand your question/idea.
You have an array column in the data view and you want to filter it by the value of a select menu on the page? Is that what you need?