New Project Setup Question

Hi,
Is it normal when creating a PHP / Docker based project to have the “Development” Icon & “Start Services” icons animating when starting a new project. The Development Icon is rotating as if it is busy & the Start Services Play Icon is pulsing as if it wants to be clicked.(which stops all services) It is doing so continuously. Thanks. .Untitled-2

Do you have docker desktop installed? In the far right hand side of that target bar you will see and up arrow, hit that and you will see logs. From there you will get more information about what is going on.

Thank You.
When viewing the Logs I see a small icon & when I click the Start Services Button it states Docker Desktop Installed Correctly.

I am however unable to preview my page in a browser. I receive an error stating “can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:8100”

Try close and restart Wappler. Sometime when creating new projects it take some time for the service to be build in Docker Desktop

1 Like

Thank You.
No, It appears something is not working correctly. I am unable to work correctly.

Did you see the image for the your project in docker desktop. I also noticed you just installed docker desktop make sure to do the docker getting started tutorial too for docker desktop.

Judging by your previous reports I doubt if you have installed and running docker desktop correctly.

Seems to me like you are having problems with Windows WSL2 installation that is required for docker desktop and also Rancher Desktop.

Try making docker desktop work first.

1 Like

Hi, Thank You. Yes, likely. Trying to open up Rancher from the Service Tray I see this dialogue:

Yes for now uninstall rancher desktop and try to get docker desktop to work.

Follow:

1 Like

Here is some visual to go along with what George said. https://youtu.be/5RQbdMn04Oc

1 Like

Thank you for your help. These installs don’t seem to be going correctly. I followed these instructions for Docker closely. Installed the components as described. Docker or Rancher will not install correctly. All of the infrastructure of my current site is in PHP.

As an alternative I have tried installing NodeJS & that server environment does not seem to be installing correctly if I am not mistaken. I receive a “Server Not Found” error when trying to preview the file. I also see in the Output Window the following message which looks to be an install error.

It seems like things are looking much better tho?

Try restarting Wappler now, then start a brand new project if you have not done so yet. That error might be from switching from a node.js to a php

Thanks. :+1: Actually Yes, If I restart It displays as working correctly. Great for a new project.

For the moment what I really require is a PHP Server Environment, so need to figure that out.

What you mean by PHP Server Environment? I thought that’s why you are using docker image? The Apache image for web sever.

The image above, as shown, is an alternate attempt at trying anything, a Node JS Server. I am able to get that working correctly it seems. That is super as Node JS is great, which I will use for new projects going forward. However I have a project built out in PHP that I need to migrate over to Wappler. I can not get any install of Docker to work correctly, despite getting very granular with all kinds of particulars. I have made sure my antivirus software is not interfering, tried several workarounds etc yet Docker fails install on what seems to be its last step. I posted this error at the Docker Community & Stack Overflow Community & have not received any replies there. So definitely pretty tricky. I had previously been running Dreamweaver with XAMPP server & want to migrate over.

Yeah I usually run php project on a live Own Server and ftp to connect I have never done it with what Wappler bash up before So I have no more knowledge to give on that front.

You really have to get docker desktop installed well before you can use any docker projects in Wappler.

However if you are more used to XAMPP - it will also work just fine, then you don’t need docker at all. Just make sure XAMPP is running your php and choose in Wappler to make projects with “own server”

Amen to that. :clap: