New page bug

Hi Wapplers,

Small bug - when I create a new content page, the ability to view “Design” “Code” or Split" is missing. See image below. I click on a different page and it shows, but new ones don’t. Not running BETA. Running latest Wappler stable version. Nodejs.

Reported similar:

Its also not adding new pages to Routes

This is very frustrating… I can’t actually create a page. Any work around this?

1 Like

How do you create the content page, which button/menu are you using?
I tested locally with the latest version and the pages are created just fine:

I did it the exact same way as you.

When I type in a description it works, when I leave it blank it doesn’t. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t.

Where are you saving your project files? Maybe in a onedrive / Google drive folder?

Any weird virusscanners running?

And is your harddisk fully healthy?

Hi George,

Storing files locally.

No virus scanners

Hard disk has a clean bill of health.

It’s weird sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

1 Like

What is your OS version exactly?

Mac OS Ventura 13.4

Also it seems your Docker Desktop is often not running from what I see in the error logs.

Maybe when it is not running then you have the issue?

I encountered a git problem yesterday, but luckily I copied and pasted all folder contents of the project to a backup folder. To resolve my issue I took the easy way out and copied/pasted the backup folder files back into the original project folder overwriting all files. Everything is working as it should be, but thought I should let you know as this might have contributed?

What frameworks do you have defined in your project options? And did you changed those maybe before you got the problems, and now as their are restored - everything is back to normal?

Didn’t change any frameworks. I have fontawsome, app connect local, and bootstram 5 custom. Everything is back to normal so no other issues

What kind of Mac do you have David? I think we might have found the problem and it can happen in rare situations if everything goes too fast a racing condition can occur.

So your Mac might be too fast :slight_smile:

We will make sure this is solved in the next update.

Have the same. If the description is focused and then try to create the page it works. But it is hit and miss. I’m not on a super fast Mac though @george so is this why my Bug Report still has no acknowledgement in 18 days? :sunglasses:

Seen at least two reports of similar issues now.

1 Like

I’m sure your Linux is also super fast :slight_smile:

But yes we are now on the right track in solving this.

1 Like

Only if I feed it baby rabbits! Thanks @George that made me smile. I know it’s not your favourite playground so do appreciate all the love you give to us penguin cuddlers.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes