Multi-Select Input Solution

Certainly required in my projects too…Was surprised this isn’t a part of Wappler already

Yes, this and being able to create random strings seem like the two big omissions that Bubble do with ease but still cannot easily be done in Wappler…

EDIT…

Yes, this and being able to create random strings seem to me like the two big omissions that Bubble do with ease but still cannot easily be done in Wappler…

If there were crypto on the client-side random strings could easily be obtained:

This seems like a strange combination of missing features and may not be a general view. (I would have thought the number of people with this particular view might not be more than 1 :slightly_smiling_face:.)

I agree that a good multi-select option is an important omission, which I’m sure will be added soon. With a big project like yours, I would have thought the missing conditional statements (‘switch’ and ‘else if’) would be a bigger concern/frustration (I know you use conditions a lot).

Thank you for sharing your thoughts @TomD!

Well it is a comparison with what is possible in Bubble… and Wappler does much more than Bubble apart from these two very obvious things to anyone who has built an app in Bubble!

Hey @Antony, it didn’t feel so good to read those words… I would appreciate hearing you own your reaction and explaining that they feel two big omissions to you!

I prefer a world where we own our reactions rather than make blanket statements which sound like everyone believes the same thing.

“this and being able to create random strings seem like the two big omissions” just makes me go “ouch” and want to react and say “Nooo, they don’t feel like big omissions to me!”.

“…seem like the two big omissions to me” just sounds like a very reasonable personal reaction from an individual’s own viewpoint.

Not wanting to get too pedantic as I think you usually get but I am wanting us to have a warm and friendly feeling towards the developers here who rightly want to know they are making the right choice when building a feature in what could be a massive decision in their business.

I hope you knew this was coming your way.

3 Likes

Hey @JonL, thank you SOOOO much for your post. I make absolutely no claim to be perfect in my use of language and I really appreciate your very valuable feedback.

I’m delighted to hear how important it is to you that we own our own reactions!

Post suitably edited… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good boy! Now go and create a custom formatter for those strings!

Thanks Dad! :innocent:

2 Likes

Is there any advance on this? Would be great to have the exact feature voted on here.

2 Likes

Can we have this please? :grinning:
Something basic that I think a lot of people would use

1 Like

Wow, just seen my FR has 42 votes! :rocket:

That sounds a lot…

Is it enough for it to make the short term To-Do list @George and @patrick? :thinking:

Seems such a regularly used GUI component…

4 Likes

Lately I’ve seen that votes are no longer priorities like they used to be. It really makes me sad

This is without a doubt one of the most requested components along with the community drag and drop.

3 Likes

Well a lot of efforts went in extending core functionality recently.

But we are getting to the special components as well.

4 Likes

A stable and extensible core is what makes any product grow and thrive. Creating components is something that makes the product fly in early stages but eventually the components will always fall short because of some little attribute that was added to the library in a recent update and it’s not available in Wappler. So providing a good set of components for the user base is more than enough, but after a good amount of them(and you already have) I don’t think it should be top priority. Nice to have a new one from time to time though :slight_smile:

Robust core and great extensibility for the win :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure nobody will disagree with this. However, a new component is more fun to play with and more interesting than most of the changes during the last year or two, such as ‘Docker deployment improvements’ etc. - though I appreciate such a change is essentially much more important (particularly if you use Docker).

In the early days, items on the FR list, particularly those which attracted many votes, were generally implemented pretty quickly (I once made a request which was implemented the same day!). More recently, such items seem to be rarely implemented, if at all, so people are perhaps slightly disappointed - all the more because the existing components have been implemented so well.

From your point of view, extensibility may obviate the need for new components but probably not for most Wappler users or potential users (eg current Bubble users).

(It’s not just component requests that seem to be neglected; there are also one or two core features - like the addition of elseif statements which at one point seemed to be on the radar.)

4 Likes

Yeah. Elseif is indeed to be considered core. What I mean with components is extensions that could be built by the dozen because there are dozen libraries out there doing the same. I.E. multiselect

Components that enhance the core like ifelse, switch, etc the sooner the better :slight_smile:

Looks like it’s coming in today’s update. Excited!

Multi select is now available in Wappler, thanks to the Tagify component:
See:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.