Me thinks we may have some new visitors to the forum

She clearly underestimated the depth of unhappiness that many are feeling.

2 Likes

Poor girl. She has been thrown to the lions. But hey she is VP of marketing. I am pretty sure she has her pockets full of VC money :joy:

3 Likes

oh yeah. Canā€™t fault Bubble for trying to increase profits. Thatā€™s what most startups do. it still stings though when they initially catered to individual builders and now they are progressively moving more to enterprise pricing.

They might be charging enterprise fees but I cant think of many well run enterprises that would lock in to a provider to such a big extent. This is proof of what happens when a business bases itself on a platform thatā€™s difficult to get out of.

They do it all the time. Itā€™s why companies like ServiceNow, Salesforce, and Outsystems are so large.

Lonngg time Bubble user here. :wave:

Just joined Wappler. Already enjoying it so far.

I already recognize so many usernames here from years ago haha.

9 Likes

Enterprises play in another league. They would never go into monthly or annual contracts. They would make sure their cost is fixed or predictable for those 5 or 10 years. And if someone tried to bubble them they can easily throw thousands into legal to make sure they come out on top.

Speaking of lock-insā€¦itā€™s funny to see all these bubblers freaking out with forks and pitches, looking for alternatives between all of them, andā€¦yeahā€¦you guessed itā€¦ threatening to lock themselves into another platform :joy:

2 Likes

One of my bubble apps went from $29 to $1499

So here I am.

4 Likes

Ok so real question, am I locking myself into Wappler?

Could a developer use the files that Wappler outputs to further develop things if there was no Wappler anymore?

Yes. Think of Wappler as an advanced IDE which generates code that can RUN anywhere and can be EDITED by anyone.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a 7-year Bubbler and Iā€™ve tried Wappler before. The learning curve is steep because weā€™re coming from a completely non-developer background and trying to learn basic development concepts as well as the tool itself.

What would be great is if some hero could step forward whoā€™s good at Bubble and great at Wappler to provide some live training sessions (could be paid) to welcome Bubble asylum seekers.

This community has been known to be unwelcoming to Bubblers and nocoders. Letā€™s change that today in the spirit of friendship and a big opportunity to grow the Wappler fan base.

1 Like

This will be a game changer. Someone knowledgeable of both worlds. Iā€™m also an ex-bubbler looking for alternative.

My options are wappler and flutterflow. But now leaning more on wappler, only down side is learning materials.

Yes. An experienced developer could work with both frameworks App Connect(frontend) and Server Connect(backend).

There are a lot of bubblers here. Where did you get that from? :man_shrugging:t3:

Thatā€™s completely not true. There are many ex-Bubbler that came here recently or came 3-4 years ago like me.
As long as you are respectful of others, others will be respectful to you.

Maybe we should DM this guy?

Iā€™m just reporting the experience of other Bubble users Iā€™ve talked to who like me tried to break into Wappler and gave up when they found little in the way of good A-Z tutorials and saw little to no Wappler beginners getting support in the community forum.

If that perception is wrong, thatā€™s great and I think a lot of people here will be looking forward to learning.

Wellā€¦perception is subjective. Probably whoever told you that feels that way. Wappler is not for everybody but those that stick donā€™t go back. And among those there are a lot of exBubblers.

1 Like

Welcome ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi @richard-osborne,

weā€™re on the same train :wink: You can start with this:

This will show you the power of wappler :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes