Manage Docker Machines from different PC

I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both have Win10 pro with Docker Desktop. So when I’m working on the laptop, I want to be able to upload files to the remote docker target. But wappler only finds the docker machines that were created on either the desktop or my laptop, not both of them.

It only finds “intranet-remote” created by my laptop but not “intranet-remote-production”, which was created with my desktop PC.

Is there any way to manage all wappler created docker machines centrally? Or another way how I can upload to the same remote target?

1 Like

The docker machine configuration is stored locally but there are ways to share it, see:

1 Like

I have one Windows 10 laptop with Wappler on it (No Docker) and a Desktop on my local network (Test Server) without Wappler but has Docker running.

I cannot work out how to build the site in Wappler but use the other LAN IP as the main target. Is this possible?

Hi @George. Is it possible to implement this functionality in a Wappler so that it would be easier to connect to remote docker machines from different computers? As a rule, remote servers are used for production tasks and any developer may need to connect to a running application from another computer (other than the one on which the docker machine was created on the server). It would be great if the Wappler would allow you to simply solve this problem.

Well as docker machines are getting more deprecated, we are moving away from docker machines to the cloud servers in the Resource Manager.

So all new additions and developments will go there.

Do I understand correctly that this means that support for independent VDS/VPS will be reduced? I.e. those who use the customer’s servers and cannot use cloud services under the contract will have to think about their own solutions?

No we actually are extending the support for VPS (cloud servers) in the Resource Manager. There you can create (with even docker auto install) and manage them much better and you have full control and direct SSH console access as well.

When trying to create a connection there (to manage my client’s server remotely), there is no way to connect to a custom server. You can choose only from the suggested cloud providers:

yes currently we support a set of well known cloud providers.

Will see if we can add also custom already existing servers with direct SSH access.

Maybe add a feature request about this.

2 Likes