Mailer invocation error

I can’t seem to get my mailer to work on this new project. Currently using version 4.0.0 beta 5 and asp.net. I am getting an invocation error on submit. Says it can’t find my default mailer? Not sure if something isn’t uploading correctly or what the deal is.

Form is set here, you can run a test on form. It only sends to my email at the moment and not the customers as I can’t get it working…

http://mopest.net/request-quote.aspx

The error is No mailer instance found with the name mopestmailer. How did you setup the mailer?

I just set it up as normal. I clicked on server connect, and then mailer and added a new mailer. Then in the action script I just added send mail and choose the global mailer for mopestmailer. Do I need to add mopestmailer to the action script? I thought I just had to choose it in the drop down when I added the send mail component?

Your mailer should be set up under globals and not in your server connect action.

correct thats what I did.

Is the file App_Data/ServerConnect/Modules/mopestmailer.json uploaded to your server?

Yes it is. This is driving me crazy. could it be a version issue with asp.net? I’m on a shared hosting server, so maybe thats giving me grief? I’ve never had so much problem configuring the mailer?

Another weird thing too is it seems that if I look at the target files it won’t show me the files under app_data. its weird. I downloaded another ftp client to just make sure the files were there and they were. Page is still active if you can look at it? @patrick

Which version of asp.net is running on the server? Is the application root configured correctly and are there any limitations that are set by the hoster?

Could you also test with the following updated files.

Bin.zip (59.5 KB)

the bin files didn’t help. the asp.net version is 4.0.30319

Its on a shared hosting platform. So i don’t have much control over it. I’m looking to move to a dedicated VM windows server soon. Not to soon, but in the next month or two.

Did some extensive debugging and I think that the issue should now be fixed. Here a new update of the mailer.

Bin.zip (7.6 KB)

@patrick awesome! That fixed the mailer error, but now I’m getting an invocation on the insert database action step. Gives me an invocation error. Previously when testing this page I had the insert database action step disabled.

Can you post or send me the full error with stacktrace

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.6

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.