MacOS gatekeeper issue (Big Sur)

Hi,

Just installed Wappler and did a “System check” so it started to install NodeJS and a couple other stuff. I had brew installed previously so it seems Wappler used that.

The problem is, Gatekeeper prevents the node binary from executing “because it’s not possible to verify the programmer”. I have manually added an exception for the node binary but it now complains about “libuv.1.dylib”, which I’m pretty sure it’s a NodeJS dependency.

I’m now attempting to re-install things directly from the Terminal (brew reinstall), including the dependencies, but it’s not really trouble-free (particularly Python, complaining about “Python.framework”). Probably I wouldn’t want Wappler to install things automatically in the future. Also worried if I click “System check” twice will it attempt to run two parallel system checks?

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is MacOS Big Sur
Edit 2: Gatekeeper insists on “Python.framework”, even after a brew uninstall and install python@3.9 :frowning:
Edit 3: Actually, same issue with NodeJS’s libuv
Edit 4:
Managed to fix libuv by running “sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /usr/local/Cellar/libuv/1.42.0/lib/libuv.1.dylib”
I think Wappler doesn’t use Python, but brew upgraded it once Wappler commanded the install of NodeJS, so Python stuff was marked as “downloaded by Wappler”

Maybe just download and install the official LTS NodeJS from https://nodejs.org/

Fixed in Wappler 5.4.1

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.