Issue with Server Connect not selectable in the data picker

HELP! I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Although I can select the data source, I can’t select the value or text fields. Any guidance would helpful. I have done this loads of times but won’t work this time.

Screen.mp4 (9.1 MB)

Hi Neil,
I just tested this locally and it works fine. Probably it’s related to your specific page or server action. Can you please attach the debug log, as explained here:

1 Like

Hello @UKRiggers,
I discovered smilar issue a few days ago . But I didnt reported because I cant reproduce again

Thank you good catch

Bug Report submitted. I am sure you are right @Teodor, I don’t think it is a bug.

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.18362
  • Wappler Version : 2.2.5

Problem description

Server Connect not selectable in the data picker.

report_2019-8-25_15-25-23.zip (195.6 KB)

Steps to reproduce

1. Created Server Action with database connection and one simple database query.
  2. Added Server Connect with Server Action as mentioned in 1.
  3. Add a container/row/column and then add form.
  4. Add custom select.
  5. Select Data Source using data picker - OK.
  6. Select Text Field using data picker - no data available.
  7. Select Value Field using data picker - no data available.

I don’t believe this to be a bug. I am sure @Teodor is right when he says “probably it’s related to your specific page or server action” but I can’t find what is wrong.

@UKRiggers
You don;t need to submit a new bug report, just attach the log file here, as explained.
Unfortunately your log file is missing, the only file you attached is a screenshot. Please follow the steps from the link i provided and attach the bug report here.

Ah, sorry.

Just added that the correct data is showing in DevTools.

Neil, your bug report is missing. The only file in the zip file you added is a screenshot. We need the log file as explained in the article.

Manual procedure

In case the above procedure do now work somehow, here are instructions of where you can locate the debug log your slef so you can post it to the forum manually.

• for Windows it is located at:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Wappler\User Data\chrome_debug.log
    (make sure hidden files are visible in Windows Explorer)
  • for Mac it is under:
    /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Wappler/chrome_debug.log
    or shorter: ~/Library/Application Support/Wappler/chrome_debug.log
    (You can choose in Finder / Go To Folder ~/Library/Application Support/Wappler first)

So when you find this log file, zip it and post it in the bug topic in this forum that describes your problem. Make sure you get the file right after the problem was occurred.

chrome_debug.zip (9.3 KB)

1 Like

Good morning @Teodor, did that file give you any helpful information? I am struggling here and desperate to get this stage finished quickly. Do you need any further information? Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

We checked the log file, but couldn’t really find anything wrong there.
Is this the only page/server action where this happens? Is the same happening on a new blank page, where you only have the select menu and the server action?
Also, what if you manually enter the values - does the select work?

Is this the only page/server action where this happens?
// I have been looking further and it seems to be only newly created database tables created within the last week. Or at least that is all that I can see that is different.

Is the same happening on a new blank page, where you only have the select menu and the server action?
// Yes.

Also, what if you manually enter the values - does the select work?
// Manually entered values do not show any results in the drop-down on a web page.

I think the best course of action is to start again :slight_smile:, I will recreate those DB tables (easy enough) and create simple blank pages with form and input fields. If this fails then I will come crying back to you :cry:

Can you send me a link to such a page please?

OK, I will upload and send you details.

are you using a Mac? I’m having intermittent issues like this as well. I tend to find restarting Wappler clears it up.

Hi @gunnery, I’m on Windows 10. I have restarted Wappler, restarted the machine, been to bed, tried all that :smile:

By the sounds of it several beers may help the day progress :wink:

I just created a new db table, new server action, new page and tested again with the new data - couldn’t recreate the problem here.
I’ll check your page where you entered the values manually.

@Teodor what is the difference between
Horizontal Select Form Group
and
Horizontal Custom Select Form Group
other than a ‘custom styled’ option?

And what is the ‘custom styled’ option? What can you do?