Is the Duplicate Project Option Broken?

Hi.
I have never used the duplicate button shown in the project manager window before. Tried it about a week ago, and the resulting app was a disaster. Finally got time to post about it.

The new project created was with the same name as the current one, so it wouldn’t open the original project anymore.
I had to delete the project from Wappler and add the original one again.

In the new project, the project settings & target settings were a mess as well. Also I think the main project.json file still had references to the older project folder - making this new project unusable.

I don’t remember now, but the Git was also copied over - which I am not sure should happen.

Bump

I confirm that there are serious problems with local duplication of projects. This topic should be in the Bugs section, because the errors are obvious.

To date, there is only one way to make a duplicate of the project - by first sending it to the git repository (for example, github), and then create a new project by cloning from the git repository.

However, I really want to have a simpler functionality in the form of a normally working local duplication of the project.

This has been fixed in Wappler 4.6

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.