Include action cannot be disabled

Wappler Version : 5.4.1
Operating System : mac
Server Model: node
Database Type:
Hosting Type:

Expected behavior

I should be able to disabled an Include action in an api.

Actual behavior

After saving the file, the Include action is re-enabled.

How to reproduce

Add an Include, save.

Disabled the action, save.

Note the action revert to enabled.

report1676747913758.zip (371.2 KB)

Similar bug reports have been raised, going back 2 years.

On our end, I don’t thing we have used include step since then. We just use Execs. Not because of this bug, but because of our use cases.

Looks like it is the intended behavior. No biggie, I can adapt here.

I'm bumping this...

Is it really true that if I set Disable Action Step on an include action then the disable is ignored and the include is executed anyway?

This is what I am seeing in 6.8.0 as it was in 3.9.7...

It seems to be at least very misleading...

... and also preventing a very important debug function!

If I want to see where an error is coming from, to be able to disable an include is extremely useful.

This feels like a bug to me... can someone help me understand why this topic didn't go any further?

So I went to search and found the reason, it's too hard to fix:

Thanks for that @apple!

Reading through it, there was a plan to not allow includes to be disabled, which it looks like never quite happened...

... not to worry!