Disabled Include Action should be excluded

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 10.0.19042
  • Wappler Version : 3.7.3

Problem description

When an Include Action step is disabled, I expect its output to not display.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a Library action with Output enabled in a step.
  2. Create an API action with an Include Action step to the above Library action.
  3. Disable the Include Action step in the above API action.
  4. Click Open in Browser icon.
  5. Output from the Library action is shown.

@patrick Bump.

It should not do this, is this with NodeJS?

It is for PHP.

I see the problem now. The include action step is not an actual action like the rest, it gets replaced with the steps from the included action file. That’s why the disabled is not working, you should disable the steps in the included action file instead. Alternative you could use the exec action step which is an a real step with an output and which can be disabled.

1 Like

We will just disable the “disable” and “output” options for includes indeed.

1 Like

Can’t you just add disabled to all included steps instead… as they get added?

Having to disable in library means it will stop working on other SA too. Which means the only realy way to disable would be to delete the step and re-add when required.

@george, Is there any real difference between including and executing with no parameters? I understand the difference in the theory. One just includes the steps and the other makes a call and executes. But in real world usage is there any difference?

If not I don’t see the point of using an Include over an Exec.

Exec with no params is same as include.
But, include means I can have access to all the steps, irrespective of whether the output flag is on.
That is the only main benefit I see.

Yeah. I get that.
My question was more in line with how errors are handled in both, parallelism(if any), execution of sync/async, etc.

Not so much on what the UI allows me to do.

Saying this because not being able to disable the include library is kind of a deal breaker for Includes. It’s one of the things I use the most when troubleshooting.