How to set up development target for MS Sql Server

Searching in the docs for ‘set up targets’ returns nothing regarding MS SQL Server. Does anyone have a link to the docs on how to do this? Need to set up a database of type SQL Server, but this is not listed in the Type drop down. Does Wappler even support MS SQL Server? Thanks

Setting up a target is the same, no matter what database are you using.
What server type have you selected for your project and where you don’t see MSSQL as a database?

Of course it does.

Can you describe where “Server Type” option is, exactly? I do not see it in Project Settings–> General

I am referring to this here:

The Server Model drop down does not include MS SQL Server; my options match yours exactly.

I’m assuming that the “Server Side” section in project Settings–>General is referring to the web server, not the database. Is this not correct? I have this set to “Own server” and “ASP.NET

What kind of web server are you using? IIS, NodeJS, Apache? You can use an MS SQL database with any of these web servers.

The server model is not your database type. It’s the web server your site is running. Web server and database type are two different things.

I am using an IIS server locally. Hopefully I can learn how to set up a MS SQL Server in Wappler.Can’t find it anywhere.

Yes I know this. You are showing me a web server selection; this is not what my question is about.
Since you asked about the web server, I replied appropriately. Please read my OP. Thanks

I’m hoping so. Just can’t find where to set up a SQL Server as a “target” or whatever Wappler needs to refer to it as.

You can leave this option, it’s not needed for what you are trying to achieve.
You just select your server model - whatever it is (from what i understand you are using IIS/.NET), and set up a new database connection. That’s where you select your server model:

If only it were that simple.

There is no “Remote Target” under “Project Options”

Well the error message explains you have not set up a target, pointing to your web server :slight_smile: or you have not selected it in the targets dropdown.

Still hoping someone can explain how to set up a SQL Server as a “target”.

You don’t setup a SQL server as a target.
You need to setup your target for the web server (IIS from what i understand from your post), when the web target is created you can connect to your SQL server database by creating a database connection…

Web server “target” completed.
Trying to connect to SQL Server but Username/Password is stopping me. The SQL Server uses Windows Authentication to connect. What should be used in the Username/Password fields?

I’m guessing that Wappler cannot use Windows Authentication to pass-through my network credentials, is this correct? FYI I’m on a large government network, not a prsonal computer.

This may help: