Wappler and MS SQL Server assistance

Good day all. I am having some issues setting up an existing mssql server database to work with wappler.
I currently use SQL Server management studio to build and maintain the database. With SSMS I use windows authentication to log on to the database. Working through some of the troubleshooting suggestions I am at the point where the user is not recognized. Been at for for may hrs thus far. If need be I am will to pay to have someone to assist me in setting this up correctly.

Hi @dra, welcome to the Wappler community!

You will require SQL Authentication setup on your SQL server to be able to access your SQL databases remotely say from Wappler. Windows authentication setup will only work on a local machine. Both SQL and Windows Authentications can be used interchangeably when using SSMS on the server locally.

Did you setup Mixed Mode of Authentication when installing SQL server? With this authentication mode, you can setup in-built SQL System Administrator (sa) account and use that to access SQL databases remotely. It is strongly recommended to setup SQL logins within SSMS to access all or specific databases depending upon your requirements.

1 Like

aaaah it works! Thanks much. :smiley: :+1:t4:

1 Like

Awesome! You’re welcome :smiley: