How to choose all/any if field is an INT?

I have a dynamic dropdown, when I query the database for the fields usually I can choose “contains” as a choice which is there for text fields but if the table column is a number the choice isn’t there? Is there something I’m missing.

If value = number then the values match. But if I don’t specify a number I want all the records for that choice to show up. Same way that ‘contains’ works with text fields. Seems like it used to be there, but isn’t for numbers?

Use Gruoup

group isn’t an option

There is an Add Group option which you can use for the filters Baub, then you can add a condition to apply the condition only when a value is selected.

Also you can make a screenshot directly from your computer screen :wink:

yeah I know I can screen shot directly from screen, but it wouldn’t show my drop down…

What you are trying to achieve has always worked like that:

right? so then how do I condition it?

Add it in the condition field :slight_smile:

Should the ‘contains’ option be available, or that doesn’t work for int types?

This seems so easy I don’t get why I’m not grasping it?

I don’t get how to add the logic to say that if there isn’t a value in the variable then just choose everything?

Contains is available for strings only.
For numbers just add a condition which checks if your input has a value or not… that’s not something new, it’s been working like that since DMXzone extensions.
Check the topic I linked to, it’s one of the many topics discussing the query filters conditions.

I.e. just select your get variable as a condition…