Hello Team Wappler,
I am trying to create a simple file Upload , Listing and reading system with the following uses;
- User Logs in to see a list of files (pdfs mainly).
- User clicks on File Name to open the file.
2a. I want this file to open in a document viewer so it is not readily downloadable.
- I have done the login system by following the tutorials.
- Done the file uploading page which works fine with progress bar.
- File name is inserted in DB also and added to extra fields for Document Title and Type.
- I have a page (file_list.php) which displays the list of uploaded files using FOLDER LIST Server Connect.
This is where I get stuck.
TO BE DONE:
- How do I hyperlink the file names displayed on step 4 above so that they open the exact pdf file.
- If the above works, I would then like to extend this by making the file open inside a document viewer instead.
Is this the right approach for this, Would it be better to rather display records from the DB instead of FOLDER LIST? Then back to my main question how do I link the file names to be able to open them.
I am stuck and any help is greatly appreciated.
File Upload Page
File list Page