How can I clear the "Server Connect" field in the app settings under Server Side Data?

How can I remove the Server side action that I’ve put under App -> Server side data -> Server connect ?

See screenshot: image

I have tried to click the “Security/user_check” text and simply remove it but the pop up appears asking me to select a server side action. I can’t leave it empty as I HAVE to select an action.

If you’ve added a server connect component, why would you want to clear the action field? If you didn’t mean to add the component, you can delete it. There are situations where you might want to edit action manually, eg if you wanted to add a conditional action, in which case you can edit it in code view.

You can also delete the action in code view, but I’m not sure what the point would be - ie just remove the url value:
<dmx-serverconnect id="serverconnect1" url=""></dmx-serverconnect>

@TomD Thanks for helping out!

I want to clear it because that Server Action is causing my page to 404. I was following these instructions to set up security: https://docs.wappler.io/t/applying-security-to-your-nodejs-pages/21682

However it causes this 404 error: image

So I figured I want to remove it for now and continue setting up the log in system (haven’t finished logging in yet in the first place) and then revisit this documentation page.

I want to try delete in in code view as you mentioned but can’t seem to find the action there. This is literally the entire code in code view:

Any idea how to delete it?

PS Sorry - I’m probably doing something very wrong, this is my third day in Wappler

I see what you mean. I’m afraid I haven’t used NodeJS yet. Perhaps the server action is defined in main_layout.ejs.

Yes we have to add some clear buttons for this indeed! Coming up!

1 Like

@TomD Thanks for the help! You helped me troubleshoot to figure out that apparently it wasn’t me doing something wrong. Always nice to hear :wink:

@George Thanks George!

1 Like