Google Photos Lightbox URL Not Supported

I’m trying to use Google photos with lightbox but I’m getting an error URL Not Supported. Interestingly I can click on that link and it takes me to the image.

I though it probably has something to do with - Lightbox Not Working With v5 Update and there not being file extensions on the google photo urls as I added .jpg to the end of the urls and the lightbox came up but with just a spinner going round and round.

So - I had a poke around the dmxLighbox.js file and figured out if I commented part of this line it works perfectly.

if (window.URL /*&& (m = new URL(i.href).pathname), /\.(jpe?g|gif|png|bmp|webp|svg)$/i.test(m)*/) {

Is this something we can get changed generally or is there a reason for it being like that?

Thanks.

1 Like

How does the link (url/href) to google photos look like?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lr/ANt_8_YRXUGVdpCXxZNHqWhlAOaY8-pphdWF_abSN8Ie4waC0udMA1eVAnMdPZQHP2_yTXXHVAIqa5Br3ltpUgh_sHvV1TbscMktSgCRJWkU3BGsX5_h1xNPEZo9guKJ2yOnX0xUro8NKFOB_Svjzg9hqupJpWHyIVfNKffI8pvISTtkF4C5xWhAYqYDN-dNb3OwyE_LatRqqClBb4bje6Mvsk7rxowi1f6_Dmgtivrl50Yodapu8gbNEbYR1yODL4RL1ITqpt_XxMd2yAQsgKRwGNKdy3yit7KhOQME1wrMeCheIsMF7PgCOdBnqLmFct16GqrAmr5yPqVtTC2pr_gGDV6PbW7sWhjPYKMOWR6tkK9Ta2MdmqjGGvlCHLVy70mwrWk2AP22P9-dLPF-1tGjm6IaIE_sTE4oEUYp1wMI9pD9yevXTO1WqNyZrNPJvU75IFnjge0pnmJQiY8QpD4JyGRCpPtTkv8h0EAhVNdzjahTOEy5NSLziWFav7ukIO9CALf3bIQ4L0mLfI_yscAzY9xP-LKZY0tNTK_DmrogVL3TnX6gnwep0dhpmMpJ-k8km2MiAwrm7tglHdVbJ4Tsv88ynEeEUlSLMu_zvmrOVhybI_PJwzFeGHMUv_SDBLSdULtkxLXPjf3PSYUcWQ-Qxf_wRxUUf5nu7vukBqkGHv1m6MyA6lJjc1adpg8QMyWdALj6Hf7welGwTOlzfvxVOfjAbN1YiYdSCJmXrZsrWXYGLNpUchgDwkD0RZ_YTkT7dkICxh-MKXPPeCSYdBkGmS28rv9mQQg2FOn4az3I_ezypSeA75uqFYI6WV6qwLGnM8vi1Hn49Ub4Ih8PkDUhw2yGaXviSsghQx4qrh0KujMuTsznkRKzD-L7wKmtUKeIgQvM7IeQiWc8f-JHRlK9SAHh-ImUqbPD_RWl6uuPJd-3KiRLDpZAgNIJx4-Jfv79UGu34GwFBzSxzBfTuunh6aT41XY5iOsP1zCUJBri5LMdJdCHuxRrCyYS=w2000

FYI - Just noticed that the commenting out that line doesn’t help on mobile.

Not really my area of expertise but it looks like the lightbox .js checks for a valid file type. The google url has no file type.
I wonder if a dummy parameter at the end if the url could trick it without breaking the link I.e. append something like f=.jpg to the end of the google url?

Good thought Brian, but unfortunately it breaks the image.

Maybe a change to the check to also allow images containing “googleusercontent” in the URL?

I’ve updated the code to default to image when it can’t detect the type. You can also override the detection by adding the type as an attribute data-type="image". Currently image and video are supported types. Video will create a video element, so must point to an actual video file and not youtube.

dmxLightbox.zip (3.2 KB)

1 Like

Fab. Thanks

This has been improved in Wappler 5.3.2

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.