Global setting properties for Database Connection not visible for ASP.NET projects

Wappler Version: 3.5.1
Operating System: Windows 10

Expected behavior

I should be able to see the global setting properties for a database connection once created. I should also be able to see the DB connection under Server Connect > Globals > Database Connection once I’ve saved the connection and exited/re-entered Wappler.

Actual behavior

I can create a new db connection under Server Connect > Globals > Database Connection but the properties window does not render anything. Additionally, if you save the connection, exit Wappler and then start up again, the connection is missing. The JSON file that defines the connection is created at location \App_Data\ServerConnect\modules\Connections

How to reproduce

1. Create a new project with the ASP.NET server model
  2. Within Server Connect, create a new global DB connection under Server Connect > Global > Database Connections

The DB connection is created, but there’s no details in the property window. Exiting Wappler completely wipes the connection in the UI, but the file that defines the connection still sits on disk.

I’ve tested this with an existing ASP.NET project and a new empty ASP.NET project

@George @patrick just wondering if these can be reproduced on your end?

Apologies if I seem impatient, just keen to use this new feature in my project!

Hi @nocodegems, I believe the issue will be fixed in the next update. From reading your post, it looks like it is the same as

Ah so it is! I did search but must have missed this. Thank you @scott.

No problem, one thing I am trying to get into the habit of doing is looking over https://community.wappler.io/tag/fixed-in-next-update to see if its already been fixed in the next update.

Sometimes I forget, but its a new habit I’m trying to do.

2 Likes