Git Manager not loading

OS info

• Operating System : Mac OSX 18.7.0
  • Wappler Version : 3.2.2

Problem description

Trying to create local GIT repository. I go to the Git Manager, but it just hangs on ‘Loading…’ and then the Wappler app becomes unresponsive and needs to be shut down.

Steps to reproduce

1. open project
  2. click on Git Manager

report_2020-8-3_12-26-58.zip (82.8 KB)

As a FYI - I just created a brand new project, to see if it was an intermittent issue - I then intended on copying over all of the files - but the Git Manager did not load even on a brand new project, either and again caused Wappler to hang and crash.

Btw the issue is related to the github credentials. Seems they are not supply Ed initially when you added the remote repository? Usually a login dialog should also popup when the git manager panel is visible but maybe it was hidden.

@patrick will improve that

I don’t think so - I just created a brand new project, I haven’t added a remote repo.

I created a brand new project on NodeJS. Updated everything, then I go to Git Manager to add my repo and it hangs and crashes.

Oh the only think I saw in the debug log above was a request for credentials to github for your repo, are you sure it is the same case?

Yup.

So I thought it might just be intermittent, so I created a brand new project, again NodeJS, Docker Hosting.

Deployed to docker the blank project, everything working perfectly.

Go to the GitManager (with the hope that I can now create local git) - exactly the same issue, it just hangs and then crashes on a brand new project with no git setup.

Could you add another debug log of doing just that? Also what was the exact crash a loading spinner of the git manager panel or complete Wappler closedown crash?

1 Like

Ok, I’ll do that in a second.

No loading spinner - it just freezes - if I try to close it normally, it won’t actually close so I have to force close Wappler. If I don’t force close - then it eventually just crashes and closes on it’s own.

Well let’s try the next update first - a lot of changes in the underling git core has been done, so it should solve all those problems.

1 Like

Great, fingers crossed. Thanks George!

1 Like

@George just bumping this to let you know that the problem still exists, even after the updates.

Does the problem still exist in Wappler 3.3.2?

Hi Patrick. It does, yes

Hi @George, @patrick this still exists. I can’t use GIT on one of my projects, and still crashes the project if I try to open up the GIT manager. Any workarounds here? Can I manually create the local file or something?

Could you provide us with a new debug log, in the previous log I noticed problems with the credentials of git which has been improved in Wappler.

Hey @patrick here you go:

report_2020-11-4_18-46-17.zip (222.4 KB)

Note, I have no ‘local’ git folder, which might be the issue? As my existing project that works with GIT has a local.

How do you have no local git folder? How do you use git? It should always have a local repository, normally you clone a remote or create a new one and bind that to a remote.

Yup that’s what I suspect is the issue. I simply created a new project - but there is no local git folder. It’s odd. Can I fix this manually be creating the folder?

Is there a .git folder in the project root? Deleting the .git will delete the local repository.

I believe it also searches in parent folders to detect a git repository, so if the project was sub folder of a git repository it would detect that repository as the one used for the project.