General questions on Wrappler on app, data and usage

Hi there,
I am new to Wrappler (I don’t even have it yet), and before I dive in, I’d like to ask some things I didn’t find in the docs:

Is it possible to:

• use Framework7 (instead of Bootstrap) to create a desktop/browser site (target is desktop, fallback is mobile)?
  • use Framework7 Vue inside Wappler? (I mostly communicate with my Frontend using JSON and the Vue reactive components are awesome for that).
  • use SQLite as data-provider in a webapp? (How would that work in Cordova?)
  • use JSON as data-provider? (and can I add items to the JSON)?
  • connnect a Wordpress backend to a Wappler-created site and pull data from there (e.g. using their REST-API)?
    • if yes: can I pull Wordpress-data and save that locally (including images), so I can build a PWA from it? (or bundle them in my app)?

As far as app-bundling (for hybrid apps, e.g. Cordova) is concerned:

• Is the generated code/structure compatible with Microsoft’s CodePush service?
  • How are (native Cordova-) plugins handled within Wappler?
  • Can I use Fastlane in the project?

Is there a description somewhere what all these extensions listed on the ‘Buy now’ page are (and are good for)?

TIA - and sorry for the lengthy post.

Yes you can switch from framework as you wish.

Should be possible. However we advise to use Framework7 core - together with our own App Connect data bindings front-end framework that is very similar to reactJS, Vue or Angular - but much easier to use and all visual!

Yes that is possible. With Wappler you usually have a web back-end (a separate site just for the API). Where you use our back-end framework Server Connect that runs on any web server with PHP, `` ASP.NET``` or even Classic ASP. There you can do all your database connectivity to any database you wish, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL

Our Server Connect is a JSON base API provider, but if you also need to connect to external API’s - we have a wide support for those with our API Connector for both server side or client side (also mobile)

Well that should be possible also with our API connector

We use cordova and its tools for app building now integrated. But you can use any other tools you want. there is a command line terminal build in.

If any build tools are commonly requested - we can also consider to integrate them in the visual workflow

Well just as usual - you install them and use them.

Fastlane is an interesting project that is currently Mac only - but soon it will be Windows and Linux.
You can already use it as you wish in the built-in terminal and when it is more popular we can see for more general integration.

As a general note - we have a very intensive weekly updates containing many new additions and features every week. So what is not in place but frequently requested can be soon built-in :slight_smile:

See

Thanks George for the reply.
That sounds promising. I’ll definitely check out the trial when there’s a bit of time…

1 Like

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I found it appropriate to do so, because:

• it shows my main problem with software-subscription, because I still haven’t had the time/chance to check out Wappler (yet) :grimacing:
  • You added interesting things to Wappler
  • the freelancer-option was removed from subscriptions.

So here are (again) some questions I still couldn’t find an answer:

• Is Framework7/Vue supported? (I don’t mind using AppConnect - although atm. I don’t know what it is, but I am used to VueJS and have lots of code relying on it)

• How is code-signing/notarizing handled in Wappler?

• And since there’s now Electron-support: Can I also use a cordova-electron target? (I have setup such a target on my machine, which produces Mac/Win/Linux binaries - can I use this workflow from within Wappler?)

And something concerning licensing:

• Right now, I don’t have a current project for Wappler, but I am still totally interested to play with it, but I think a week of trial is not enough (since I have a job and a life :wink:).

Would it be okay, if I subscribe to a PRO plan just for the sake of learning Wappler? After that stop the subscription and re-vive it, once I found a project where I can use it?
(I am totally uninterested in the regular version, since nothing for me is in there)

thx & sorry for the re-activation of the thread :wink:

Would anyone of the majorities care to comment?

Is Framework7/Vue supported? (I don’t mind using AppConnect - although atm. I don’t know what it is, but I am used to VueJS and have lots of code relying on it)
Was answered by @George, the answer was yes, but better to use AppConnect.

How is code-signing/notarizing handled in Wappler?
I am not familiar with this, but I thought this was a process through Apple

And since there’s now Electron-support: Can I also use a cordova-electron target? (I have setup such a target on my machine, which produces Mac/Win/Linux binaries - can I use this workflow from within Wappler?)
Yes

Right now, I don’t have a current project for Wappler, but I am still totally interested to play with it, but I think a week of trial is not enough (since I have a job and a life :wink:).
You can stop at any time you wish, just do not allow Wappler to automatically renew the subscription

It may be worthwhile noting that the Black Friday 20% discount applies for another 18 hours or so.

1 Like