FTP Connection - fasthost hosting issues

thanks for the pointers
help

Could you attach a screenshot of the settings please. The bug reports are great but only like 3 people in the team would be able to actually make sense of them.

thanks, for the info i appreciated it

You should remove your first screenshot it has your PW in it… Also you will need to add a port number…

it is intermittent, sometimes works other times doesnt, while filezilla is staright in

The port will default to 21 so only needed if it is anything other than 21

cheers is just testing

pulling my hair here

It is all to do with max retries which is why it works sometimes and other times not. If your web server allows the standard 8 concurrent connections then it is normally fine but if it is less then it can be an issue.
Filezilla and dreamweaver seem to open a single connection which makes it a little slower but far more stable. In filezilla I think you can edit it to use more connections if you like.
I had to adjust a cPanel configuration on 2 of my sites because of this little issue unfortunately so I am not sure if there is another way around it.
If it were me I would manually upload everything in the site to the server once through filezilla and then when doing things in wappler as you alter a single file it will upload that single file only so it will not hit the error.

Can still see your password in that zip file rather remove it for your own safety.

i hear you,
but when you spend 320 euros on a prog you expect the basic stuff works at least

as i am trying to teach kids at school step by step and i cant just do it, it will be a bit more challenging for them.

I understand and agree but I probably use about 60 different web servers and have only hit this issue twice so I think it works for most server and most use cases.

I will be very honest here in my thinking. Wappler pushes the boundaries to give maximum speed in everything they can which sometimes causes trouble while all the others restrict everything to make it work for everyone but everyone is then stuck with the same restrictions even if they can achieve better, which is why I never report stuff like this. Haha. Too scared wappler will but a brick under the accelerator so it works for everyone.

This might help

thanks for that, but unfortunately i dont have access to that level. i have an account with fasthosts here in uk.

Ahh funny you should say fast hosts because I just had this same error with them 3 weeks ago on a wordpress website with a wordpress plugin I added. I will take a look and see how I got around the issue and let you know.

you kidding me? thanks man

Have you had a look at https://help.fasthosts.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/35/~/troubleshooting-ftp?

The problem could be an overactive firewall that has blacklisted Wappler’s FTP. Maybe a sign that the opposition is getting worried :wink:

So not such great news, I landed up never getting around this issue with fast hosts, I was forced to remove the wordpress plugin rather. I already moved 2 other fast hosts accounts this year for various problems over to uk2.net
I still have a couple fast host accounts though so I will take another look to see if there is any way to adjust any settings with their horrible custom admin panels, it’s like a big blue nightmare in there as far as I can recall.

I had been a reseller for Fasthosts since about 1998 , i dumped them earlier this year in favour of another provider as their service just got worse and worse, slow servers, horribly slow ftp servers and lost emails problems were the norm.
New provider much better, faster and cheaper.
I wrote about then a while ago.