FTP Connection - fasthost hosting issues

Sorry @vfn I have gone through every possible area of the fasthosts admin panel and i can not seem to find any area like in cPanel where you could check the current FTP connections and remove any that never closed out correctly, I did however hook up a site with my fasthost credentials and test the connection in Wappler and came across the same issue as you are having, error ls: Fatal error: max-retries exceeded
Maybe the team could have a look for you on this one. Sorry
additional output that might help

+ set cmd:fail-exit yes
+ set net:max-retries 1
+ set net:timeout 10
+ set net:reconnect-interval-base 5
+ set net:reconnect-interval-multiplier 1

First of all, thank you for answering to my cry :grin:
i think i am going to give them a try eitherway… anyway and see.
I might comeback to you later on regarding the connection to the mysql.

vitor

one thing i must say… Thanks for being there. Really appreciate it!
have a good weekend everyone

vitor

as i am wapplering i have found this also…

error_bootstrap_20-10-2018 error_javascript-20-10-2018

any ideas?

v

Is that your local or website connection? Looks like either the bootstrap and js folders are not uploaded to the server or the path is incorrect

this is my website…

Can you do a screenshot of your codeview for me please (Head Section) mainly

Thanks guys

is there a ftp pop up view that tells me whats happening or the code view is the only way to see whats happening?

Well seems all those files are missing on your remote server:

You can push the - publish site icon below - to synchronize your site to the remote.

Then refresh the design view:

There is a console window at the bottom, look at the very bottom right for a little arrow next to a bug icon, click that and then try publish to check what errors if any you might get.

@George, because of fasthosts as the ISP for some reason they seem to keep giving max-retries exceeded errors.

Hi George
when i click on the publish button this happens
error_publish_21-10-2018

cheers , do you know of a hosting company that works well with this including managing the mysql with navicat or wappler?

Maybe you could try, select all your files in the filemanager, then right click and select upload, to upload everything, maybe that will help.

@Hyperbytes, you use Navicat, what host are you with.

Well yes - seems fasthosts is blocking the connections, so Wappler can’t upload …
Connections timeout all the time or maybe the ip is blocked

Maybe you should contact their tech support as it is a bit difficult if you can’t upload and they should advise you.

Lol, fasthosts tech support is a disaster, and besides it works sometimes, and if you are only syncing one or two files at a time it seems to behave for a bit, if you however try sync 30 files then it will just give error after error. I have had to use their own filemanager in their admin panel to upload larger amounts of data. They really are just horrible.
I am forced to use multiple webhosts as my clients always have some friend of a friend who started them on host X, and the only other hosting companies that come close to as bad is possibly Gridhost and 1-grid. In fact i think 1-grid could take the title.
Hyperbytes uses 20i.com and i have used uk2.net which was fairly decent and quite cheap.

i know what you guys are saying, it annoys me too. but i can upload and download with dreamweaver without problems, just tested.

v

i am wiiling to try to see if it works both with myphp and navicat and wappler

I do know that UK2,net has their own admin interface however it also goes into cPanel for the main stuff so at least you have that cPanel control. I do not know why it works with DW to be honest, maybe their sync is not with as many connections as Wappler is.

The reason i think that is because i never used to sync a site anywhere near as fast with DW as i can with Wappler so i assume it opens multiple connections, but can not be sure on that.