Framework7 or Boodstrap 5... pros and cons.... and what do you think?

Hi All Mobile People…

I want to start my first mobile app… and before i just jump into some direction…
What would be the best way to go? Framework7 or Boodstrap 5… pros and cons… and what do you think?

My app will have logins… data feeds… and so on… so dynamic …
What would be your preference be…? and why?

Thank you all

Hey @Mozzi,
I’d suggest going with BS first, especially if your first foray into mobile. FW7 has its own learning curve to cope with, but then if you are happy to learn the two side by side go for it. Would just be easier to get a BS Project up and running, get the basics set-up, learn how to Build, install Gradle and set up Android Studio etc. Familiarise yourself with the process, then maybe go back and implement FW7. For now get a single page to Build and deploy to your device. Small steps. Not difficult but worth breaking down to get to grips.

gs

3 Likes

Dave said everything absolutely right. I agree with everything he wrote.

However, there is a more correct, high-quality and cool solution, here it is:

If it is really important to you that the Wappler develops in mobile development (and this is really important for everyone, because mobile needs will only grow, and everyone will face the need to create a mobile application), and could provide you with the best solution in this area (even if not now, but in the future), support the feature request.

3 Likes

Thanks @Dave and @Mr.Rubi for the replies… i was getting way more that what i bargained for… thanks for clearing that up as it will help alot to get started. So BS here i come…

2 Likes

mmm sounds like a stupid question, does the mobile app use nodejs… reason is i want to use “realtime” sockets with node… inside the app…

The App itself doesn’t use Node.js but you can certainly use it for your API project.

so one can do “realtime” apps then… i assume. thanks Brad.

… o well every expert had to start as a beginner … :wink:

1 Like

Hi Brad… ok i have just started a bootstap mobile project… with capacitor … and then it says installing node packages?? now im a bit confused…

sorry dumb questions here…

1. Once the App is build … eg the APK… does that mean all the code reside on say the google android store?
  2. Can I upload a file directly to my website via the app? or do i have to use S3 to upload files…
  3. And I then because i see all this node installing… do i require node hosting … even if it installs all the node packages when creating a mobile project…

Any replies? I am curious what the response would be also.