Framework 7 bugs in Wappler 2.0 beta 3

still there is still a lot of bugs in framework7 implementation since wappler started
hope this will be fixed before the release of wappler 2.0
i did try Beta 3 and there is no change in the fixes yet.

Well, without reporting the bugs we won’t be able to fix them :slight_smile: Please share the issues you are having in separate topics, explaining detailed what’s wrong.

Dont you guys do some testing?
if you successfully made one mobile app (not kitchen sink template) then you will catch 90% of the issues. and i and the rest of the users will gladly report the remaining :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Of course we do :slight_smile:
As I suggested please:

So we can fix them asap.

@mrbdrm are there actually any bugs that you found so we can fix them?

in ACTION for buttons:
-Open right panel doesn’t work
-Open page doesn’t work (inline page cached)
-Close right panel doesn’t work
-changing the selected action doesn’t remove the previous action data attribute

in the Design View
-only the last page in App structure is visible. clicking on any other element in other pages in App structure doesn’t show the selected element in Design View.
-changing any element text property (title for example) you must hit Refresh or the old and the new text will show.

i got these on the first 15 minutes of testing. then i stopped.
some of these issues are since the start of wappler a year ago.

Thanks for reporting these :slight_smile: now we know what to check.

Well, have you already reported them, or were you just saying "there are bugs? :slight_smile:

i get the report an issue to get fix. but when the issue is like the sun then there is no need to report every one specifically.

i said there was issues in the past but with framework7 it was unusable the first months of wappler. was i suppose to spend my full time reporting everything? last time i check i was a customer :joy:

hope all the issues of mobile and framework7 get fixed so we can make our apps

Well saying “there are bugs” doesn’t help us to resolve the issues you are experiencing :slight_smile:
How do you expect us to fix a problem without us being aware it exists?

Those problems were already solved long time ago.
I just checked all of them and they work fine to me.

Are you sure you are using the new Framework 7 v4 and you created the new page from scratch with the new framework?

Check if there aren’t any other errors on the page. See the toolbar for errors notifications in design view.

Also make sure you have saved the page.

yes i checked and i even created a new project. the only error is when i add a login screen “Cannot read property ‘f7Modal’ of type undefined”

any javascript error will prevent the working of the whole design view with Framework7.
So no wonder you think nothing is working.

So try to solve the error first.

As I said before - maybe you need to save the page and make sure everything works first.

page is saved and reopened as i did before.
the error is only with the login screen and it still work and show up fine.
i did removed it before and still everything is the same.

just try to make a simple button that show the right panel. it will never work since wappler doesn’t add data-panel="right"

and the design view issue have nothing to do with the framework error.

well finally a clear report. This is much better then: everything is not working.

There was a panel option adding the data-panel attribute but fro the left only (which is default) and not for the right. Fixed now.

Please report issues like this indeed - then we can fix them.

i will do it if the issue is not so obvious.
but for something so simple, come on do more testing please. its been a year and mobile is not getting any attention.

how about opening inline page from a link? do you need steps to test it too?

@mrbdrm what is obvious for you may not be so obvious for us so we may have missed it.
If you don’t report the bugs you find in the app, how do you expect us to make it better?

Everybody else is reporting bugs here, we fix them - nobody says “it was obvious”.

If you don’t want to be involved in the community and help Wappler get better, just let us know - then we won’t bother you anymore.

If i didn’t want to be involved then i wouldn’t be here.

But at first im a customer and you have to understand my frustration.
i payed for the mobile feature and as a developer i know for a fact that its still not finished. my subscription is almost a year and i still cant passed the first steps to make my app.
im not talking about a beta that have some bugs. its simply not ready to iron it with couple of bug reports.

It will be just very helpful if you supply a list of the bugs so we can fix them.

Framework 7 has thousands of properties and options and those change a lot with each version. Although we try to implemented them all, I’m sure we have missed a few. We can’t just check everything. There is no automated procedure to run through all the thousands of options.

Usually those are very easy to fix as soon as we know about them. So supply a list and we can fix them.

@George
i have tested the new build and i still cant make the inline pages to work.

new project and checked stacked option on the second page.