Framework 7 bugs in Wappler 2.0 beta 3

Although I added support for stacked pages, it is better to use separate content pages.

This is the way to go in the new Framework7 with routing. It also offers much better performance and content separation.

ok i will use it then. its not a big issue.

but its better to remove it all together then so other users will not get confused.
also better to stop the editor (if possible) from adding more than one page. since it even cause the issue of not being able to switch between their content in the design view.

2 Likes

If there are certain best practice ways for using Framework7, is the info on that to be found somewhere? Should users study the Framework7 documentation for that? Obviously, studying the framework7 is a lot more work than simply “using the visual wappler builder”, but I can understand and accept that. As long as users don’t have to code a lot of javascript for example, it’s not too hard to learn framework7 perhaps. Not sure exactly how long it takes to learn how to use framework7 though… weeks, months?

On the wappler site, I found very little Framework7 documentation. I saw about 4 topics, as an introduction to using Framework7. Perhaps this is because app building with framework7 is a relatively recent addition to wappler, compared to its core functionality for creating websites.

This topic about bugs does not sound good at all. I do respect your perspective, the support for framework7 is really cool and innovative. And relatively new so maybe it just takes some time to get fully developed. Great that version 4 will be supported with wappler 2.

Would you say that Framework7 is a good alternative to Ionic? Can wappler become an alternative to Ionic Studio for example, do you have any view on that?

Awesome job so far, best regards!

i would say test it. wappler and bootstrap are almost perfect but with framework7 its still have along way.
even the routing still need some work.
there is no where visually to add page events for example. you still have to manually code it.

@mrbdrm could you please be so kind to log the bugs you found in separate topics so we can fix them?

Coming here saying “it doesn’t work” doesn’t really help us.

Ok thanx, good to know! I started with the free version of wappler, and reading docs on the framework7 site. Reading and learning is quite timeconsuming so I didnt finish. I may continue later.
The free version of wappler does not allow trying out framework7, Im not sure whats the best way to test that.

Just a thought, mrbdrm got me wondering about bugs: if its quite hard to test and find bugs, would it be an idea to let the users perform test tasks? Not by using the product but by literally testing it? As a separate, voluntary task?
Im not saying that you can test everything that way, but… if somehow many bugs show up, then there hasn’t been enough testing I would say. Perhaps thats not the case at all though, I hope not actually.

My first experience with wappler is pretty good, I used the free version on Linux and it didnt crash… thats always nice as a first impression. So that was a good start, but I havent actually built anything with it yet. My idea at first was to use wappler as a visual builder for framework7, it may do that or maybe not completely yet. I cant say. Its a cool product to keep an eye on in any case :slight_smile: