Flow Parameters do not show up in Action Picker within Content Page

Wappler Version : 4.7.3
Operating System : MacOS Big Sur - M1
Server Model: NodeJS
Database Type: Postgres
Hosting Type: Own Server

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

As shown in this image, when running a Flow from the action picker after you’ve set up the parameters, it should allow you to pass parameters to the flow dynamically. The screenshot shows the parameters under the ‘Flow Parameters’ section when the flow is used on layout page.

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

When running the flow on a content page, the parameter section is no longer shown.

Is this happening for anybody else?

I know there is a workaround where you can just manually add the parameters in code view, but that is more error prone. This also makes it difficult to reuse flows since code view doesn’t have intellisense so you have to check the original flow code each time to know which parameters to include.

1 Like

I too experienced this a couple of days ago, I ended up just editing it manually as you mentioned. It seems to happen for other actions as well though, not just flows. For the more basic ones, I’ve found myself just removing the action and adding it back, filling out the parameters again.

1 Like

I just tested this on a nodejs project on a content page - can’t really recreate the issue.
I have a page flow added on the content page:

And a button on the same which runs it on dynamic events > click. The parameters are available:

Have you tried this on a new blank page? Maybe there’s some issue with your specific content page?

Thanks for responding. Looks like I wasn’t as clear in the bug description as I thought. The flow parameters show up when the flow is created on the same page.

However, if you put the flow in the layout page (or a partial) and try to access it in a content page, the parameters do not show up.

Have you tried putting the same ID to the content page as on the main page then?

Just did this and It looks like it solves the problem. Thank you!

Fixed in Wappler 5.4.2