Hello fellow Wapplers…
Thanks for your feedback about the User Gatherings! So based on what you have said, I have modified the date/time for our gathering next week… see the title here and the details below.
If you want to join in, could you please reply below so I have an idea of numbers.
I don’t have any volunteers yet for the presentations… would some of you be willing to step forward maybe slightly beyond your comfort zone to contribute?
Here are a few suggestions!
- @George to talk about Wappler 3.0?
- @JonL, would you be willing to talk about the general issues in database migration?
- Is there an experienced Navicat user out there who would talk about migration with Navicat?
- Does anyone have experience of any other system or method which may bring other perspectives on database migration? (@kfawcett, @mebeingken, @Dave …? )
I want to create an environment where everyone’s ideas and experience are okay to share. I know we can feel there is always someone who knows more and we may fear they criticise our opinion… but it is important these gatherings are be based on respecting each other and feeling safe within our own knowledge so we can all to grow and learn.
Depending on who comes forward and what they want to present, I’ll modify the agenda accordingly.
Really looking forward to be with many of you on Friday,
Friday 15th May, starting at:
Central Europe: 4pm
West Coast USA: 7am.
Australia: Probably the middle of the night.
[Edit: East Coast: Midnight; West Coast: 9pm ]
The Big Topic
The news of what will be centre stage in Wappler 3.0 is going to bring many questions on a most fundamental topic! So let’s dive in at the deep end with a detailed discussion about the methods available for taking our newly polished test database schema and applying it to our production environment.
I’m looking for 4 people to volunteer to make a 15 minute presentation on the following topics, and then host up to 5 minutes of questions:
• Database Migration - what are the key issues from a simple, new-to-app-building perspective
• Database Migration - Capabilities and Limitation with Navicat
• Database Migration - Capabilities and Limitation with Gh-ost or other systems
• Database Migration - Capabilities and Limitation with Wappler 3.0
Some other key questions
- Will a Wappler team member be willing to make the Wappler 3.0 presentation, @George ?
- Does anyone have a paid up Zoom account with break out rooms which we could use?
- If this day/time doesn’t work for you, could you propose another which does?
- I’d love to hear all your thoughts and ideas about this new venture!