External dev cannot work with existing project - issue with Docker

Hi team,

So I have pushed my project to Gitlab, my dev has a live, pro license of Wappler - he’s been able to pull the project from Git - but when he tries to get the project up and running he see’s this error, can you please provide some guidance here to resolve this:

Bump @George - the second license isn’t that useful if the dev is unable to access the project. Please advise!

Seems to me like bad docker desktop installation. Verify the latest is installed and running correctly.

1 Like

Thanks @George - got one step closer but still issues;

Please see image. Can you advise?

Bump @George

Did you get that when pushing deploy?

Nope. I pushed to Git no problem, dev has Wappler, latest Docker and successfully pulls from Git. Then Wappler fails to initialize Docker

The user just have to click on deploy to build the docker container locally and start the services

This will be greatly improved in the next update.

• Docker desktop will be automatically started when not running, but needed - so the first error will be avoided.
  • Docker projects will be auto build first, if not build yet (like when cloned from a repo) - this will fix error 2
  • Even Docker Desktop will be auto installed if not available on the user computer yet, but needed for the project

Hi @George thank you for this. We ended up getting it up and running, except for strange errors due to missing DB fields (only local). So the dev pulled an update from git to try to apply latest dB changes from dB manager but that failed also - and on inspection doesn’t create the dB at all for local Docker! Any ideas?

So that was what homebrew was all about then :slight_smile:

I also read that it is now native for apple silicon.

3 Likes

@George just bumping this - as you are updating for the next update the Docker integration anyway, we still have the same issue with the DB not being created.

Not sure to what issue are you referring but all docker stuff will be much more automated in the update for later today.

A post was split to a new topic: Cloning a git project and DB schema

This should be now be improved in Wappler 3.7.5
If you still have any issues please post a new topic.