Experimental Project Manager - suggestions

The new project manager will be a big improvement. It looks really good.

(When I launched the new version after the update, there was no sign of the project manager. Having enabled/disabled experimental view a few times, I restarted Wapper and all was well - in case others have this problem.)

You can also quickly take a screenshot in design view for a project thumbnail!

Is there a new way of doing this? I know you can take a screenshot and save it in the wappler folder. I didn’t bother because I rarely view the projects screen, but this becomes more useful now and I shall bother.

Some suggestions/requests:

One feature which would be really useful: to ‘remember’ the last accessed folder - otherwise, switching project is a matter of clicking the project popup, selecting the relevant folder and then choosing the project. A workaround might be to put all current projects in the top level Projects folder and move everything else into subfolders (which wouldn’t be ideal).

A shortcut key to display the new projects list would be very useful.

It would also be useful to be able to select projects within a folder using the tab key (and then open the project using the return/enter key). With these shortcuts you could switch projects very easily. (This functionality used to be available in a number of panels but unfortunately disappeared.)

I realise if you remain working in the same project for most of the time, speeding things up will be of minimal use. However I often switch between projects to check something or see how I did it before. Currently - and even with the new project manager to some extent - this is quite cumbersome.

2 Likes

Yes, just click the following button and it does it automatically for you:

Sorting options - alphabetically or by last project are coming in the next updates.

Shortcut key suggestion is a nice idea, thanks!

3 Likes

Thanks Teodor. I had a feeling there would be a simple solution :slightly_smiling_face:

Great to hear of the improvements on the way.

1 Like

Is the screenshot suppose to be just a small corner of the actual page? Or should it be a full representation of the page like the sample sites are?

Is there somewhere a tutorial how to implement this great Project Manager because I see no difference and my list becomes rather soapy.

Just enable the experimental features in the settings and restart Wappler.

Then click on the active project drop down and you will see the new projects manager.

Guys not sure if it’s not clear enough but the new project management panel appears when you click your projects list (bottom left):

Screenshot_30

The old one still exists as a separate view when you select its icon on the left sidebar.

Created also a review topic about it:

no alphabetic order ?

Sorting possibilities like alphabetical order and recently used are coming up

1 Like