Etimeout when connecting to Digital Ocean

Hi everyone,

I’m new to Wappler and am already having some issues. I have coded a database on MySQL and have hooked it up to digital ocean so I can then link it with Wappler to make a UI for my company. When I paste the string into the direct database connection it’ll buffer for a while and pop up with an Etimeout error. Can someone please explain what I’m doing wrong. Any help would be amazing.

Well seems the connection can’t be made and something is wrong with it.

Did you connect the DO managed database in Resource manager? Or got the credentials from the DO dashboard?

I appreciate your speedy response, George! I got the details from the DO dashboard, copied them directly as in the instructions. Is there something else I can do?

Have you added your I.P and Droplet to Trusted Sources within the settings on D.O for the connection?

I’ve added my personal computers IP address. Do I need a droplet to be able to connect my DB?

You will do if you want your application to connect to it.

Also are you using Public Network and not VPC Network in the Connection Details panel on D.O?

Yes I’m using a public network, is that correct?

Yes in this circumstance that is correct.

Have you downloaded the SSL certificate and directed the CA Cert path to it? And the certificate is located within your Project? In your image it is blank and should be pointing towards the certificate.

You can download the certificate from D.O within the Connection Details panel.

Ok so if I’m following:

1. I need to make a droplet.
  2. I need to download my CA certificate and upload it where it says CA cert
  3. should be good to go??
  1. Not essential if you are just connecting to the database but when you come to connecting your droplet it will be necessary to add it as a trusted source, or if not a droplet then the I.P address of the host you will be using.

2. REQUIRED! You will not be able to connect without the SSL certificate.

3. Dial in 2 and you’re 3.

:slight_smile:

Cheese, it won’t let me put the certificate in CA cert. I downloaded it from DO

Insure the certificate is within the root directory of your Project. Then select it.

I’m sorry… I don’t know what that means

The directory where you have created your Project (where its files are located), within that directory is where you need to place the certificate file you downloaded. It must be within the Projects directory.

No need to apologise Parker. We all go through the learning process.

same problem…