Linux: Empty Design Panel

Wappler Version : 2.3.1
Operating System : Pop!_ OS (Bug report says: Windows 5.3.0-19-generic)

After attaching a stylesheet to the document and creating a class, the design panel stays completely empty except the class selector itself. The class is being created in the stylesheet, but there are no elements in the panel.

It looks like this:

I’ve reported this bug earlier this year but unfortunately it’s still there and I have no clue where the problem lies so that I could help you with it.
I’m on a completely new linux system and a completely fresh wappler with a fresh project and the problem is exactly the same.

There was a similar bug report and something has been resolved apparently:

Unfortunately not for me :frowning:

1 Like

Please restart Wappler with logging, reproduce the problem and attach the debug log. See:

I apologize that it took me so long and I fully understand that you won’t fix this as soon there is a bug report. So here is the report and I hope that it helps you. If not please let me know if I can do anything else for you in order to make the fix possible. That being said, if this bug won’t get fixed before the next month is over, I’m forced to cancel my subscription prior to the next payment. Which would be sad because I like this software a lot and I’m not willing to make changes to my OS because a software which is intended to run on said OS does not run properly.

OS info

• Operating System : Windows 5.3.0-20-generic (Actually it’s Pop!_OS 19.10 but that’s what the bug report is detecting)
  • Wappler Version : 2.3.4

report_2019-10-9_19-5-5.zip (82.8 KB)

Check if this is solved now in the latest Wappler 2.3.5

Unfortunately not. Created a new project to be sure. Even ran the software as root in case it would have been a permissions problem. But the issue is exactly the same.

Like I said, if there is anything that might help you to solve this issue please let me know. I reckon I’m not the only one with this problem. I’m running one of the most popular linux distros (Ubuntu) and I haven’t changed anything that could interfere with the software.

Good news - we found the problem!

It was indeed Linux only.

We fixed it but you need to download and reinstall the newest version fresh:

https://wappler.io/downloads/wappler_2.3.5-1_amd64.deb

We also improved some of the fonts for the tooltips on Linux.

Let me know if it is all fine now

1 Like

Just updated to 2.3.5-1 and everything seems to be fine now! Thank you for your time and the quick fix!
Very cool stuff with the tooltips!

2 Likes