Email-will not be send

Hosting environments can be dramatically different. User configurations on top of these differences make for complications. Not all situations are the same. I’ve made so many mistakes and in the past and have been eager to blame the tool set where infact the problems lay elsewhere. More often than not this is indeed the case. This extension works as documented. Your settings may vary due to the hosting environment. Check your firewall logs (ModSecurity, CSF, Imunify, etc), and your error logs. You may find the culprit for the issues you are experiencing.

Well no coding is required and actually none of your issues reported in this topic are Wappler related.

Looking at the error message it seems to me your server is not properly configured. Check if the php_openssl extension is enabled there … or just use a properly configured server.

It’s not Wappler’s fault if the server is not configured properly :slight_smile: I hope you understand that.

never said it’s not working. I just have a standard workimg laptop, localhost environment and use gmail. I would say that is quite simple, just wondering what can be wrong. Indeed firewall maybe (cant access :wink: I will have a look at a personal laptop, maybe that does the trick.

I am not sure where all the sensitivity comes from. not my intention. I just did not know how to proceed that’s it. If I understand you correctly I cannot only rely on in-wappler configuration, as I actually was thinking the smtp.php file in wappler and the mailer.php I set up with wappler were the only things needed.

It may be worth considering purchasing your own domain and hosting (a few Euros, Dollars, Pounds a month) and then using your own mail server where you have some control. GMAIL is very popular but as you are experiencing not being able to diagnose any issues directly really makes things difficult.

It could be worthwhile posting and asking if anybody else has had success using GMAIL?

Peter,
Wappler expects your web server to be properly configured. PHP functions which run on the server also expect the required extensions to be installed and enabled in order to work.

Maybe just test your page on a properly configured server (some hosting for example) if you don’t have the required knowledge to do this locally.

I am using it on my local WAMP with the settings i suggested.

yes well I wanted to test the functionality first on my localhost…thinking that shoudl be the simplest … going from simple to less simple :slight_smile: I do have a domain. I also have an internal server here, so will try to set up a mailer functionality there. Just wante dto knwo whether I forgot some major step

Yes, you can check:

At least on WAMP you can simply enable/disable it with a few clicks:

1 Like

can I still aks you whether you changed the php.ini and sendmail.ini?
For your info all other functionlity work, followed the steps on php.ini and sendmail.ini as well and not sure you need a major on a localhost environment. Anyway get the point

You will get there Peter. Support here is second to none. It can be a little frustrating spending hours doing the same thing multiple times. Good time to have a coffee and take a break for five minutes.

:slight_smile:

I have not changed anything on WAMP settings, but have not checked the defaults on XAMPP

1 Like

Just to confirm - disabling the openssl extension locally shows the same error message:

message: “fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?)”

So that’s the issue here. I see in XAMPP docs that it includes openssl so, probably it just needs to be enabled on your server.

1 Like

haha just tried that one and now the 467 ssl REDIRECTS. But no email, should be firewall then I guess…

Hi, I had a similar problem last week and it turned out to be a spam filter blocking it.
Believe it or not I had to just change my title from ‘Registration information’ to ‘thanks for registering with us.
On the first title the spam score was 5.6 and on the second it was 3,6 (and then sent)
It may be worth looking into.

1 Like

Thanks, I am progressing. I think Theodors tip on php, in having the extension = php_openssl.dll
in the php.ini file and actually looking whether the field exists at C:\xampp\php\ext was my biggest problem.

To be clear for other xampp users no further email changes should be made in php.ini or sendmail program which is an alternative to the wappler mail functionality. Wappler does it it all, but yes you need a proper .dll php_openssl.dll. Personally I would like this to be part of documentation, because it’s the same in apache environments, which is one of the two big environments I would say.

However on changing so still no mail was sent. So I made a form with one button and the same mail server action and guess what? A mail was sent. So I took away the only difference between the simple mail.php page and the request new password page being the BROWSER component. And guess what an email was sent, but NO redirection. Ok, ofcourse browser redirection takes not place if you take away the browser component. I also think taking away the browser component should normally do nothing, but I am sure it worked. I did put the browser component in again and now all works. ffffffffffffff

That is strange, the browser redirect should not be affecting the server action.
Maybe you can upload your page to some server where I can access it and check the issue?

As for the dll files - this is something included on every server and usually you don’t need to change anything.

1 Like

yes well dll was there, but not the reference to it, so again thanks. I took away the brow ser redirect and then ofcourse the brwoser redirects wont work anymore, but I had the mails then… Let me put it back once more an dredirect :slight_smile: If no success I send you the page

1 Like

well I think you are right, might be pure luck, or maybe it helps sometimes to just take a piece of code out and redo. Clueless, the big thing was the dll refernce you made. So thanks again

1 Like

EDIT: Nevermind, Issue resolved now. I deleted the server action file and created a new one with a different name and all seems to be working perfectly. Thanks.

Hi Teodor,

I’m currently trying to setup a mailer action on my website and also having issues. I have enabled output in my send mail step in my server action and also enabled the debug for my server connect settings.

I have a form on my website which is connected to my server action file that inserts data into a database and should also send an email via the GMAIL smtp. The database insert works fine, but no email seems to have been sent.

I also do not seem to be getting any information regarding the send mail aspect in the developer tools. I am hoping to see an error here so I can go about trouble shooting. Please see attached developer tools output. If the send mail server connect step is not working should I see an error to the same effect in the developer tools?

1 Like

Hi @peterbroekman,

Can you provide more details on how did you fixed the error?

I’m facing same problem as you.

After click on submit form button, contact form is reseted, I got status code = 200 OK, but I am not receiving emails

Hope you can help me to solve it.

Thanks and Regards