Email Setup on localhost

I have followed step by step the Sending Form to Email doc and watched the related DMX Zone video. But I am stuck at the setup of the mailer.

On a MacOS ver 10.14.5 I have locally installed MAMP ver 5.3. I use Gmail only. Don’t have an email client. If in the mailer properties I choose “Server Default” nothing happens because, I guess, my system does not have an internal mail system. Then I tried using smtp.gmail.com with my Gmail username and password. No results either.

Does anybody can give me some simple solution ? What is the best approach to follow ? Please consider that I do not feel confident working in Terminal and doing stuff like Postfix config or similar.

Maybe for a beginner it is just bet to buy MAMP PRO or to subscribe some external email service.

Thanks.

Hello,

Your MAMP does not have a mail server installed, probably you want to use some real hosting if you want to use “server default”

For gmail, there are some options that need to be enabled first in your gmail account. Check the following topic:

Super :slight_smile: !!! I have checked the topic and had to deactivate the two-factor authentication in Google first. Then the menu “enable less secure apps” was available in Google account and I activated it.

In Wappler I just set up the mailer with smtp.gmail.com and my user id and pwd. Email was sent !

One little thing is that in the email sent / received I can see my Gmail account either as sender and as recipient. But in Wappler the sender setup is {{$_POST.email}} and I thought that this should be the email typed in the form. The name of the recipient {{$_POST.name}} is correct. Only the sender email is wrong. Any idea of where I should look at ? Thanks