Editing changes via graphical interface NOT saved

I’ve attached a video for a demonstration of exactly what I am experiencing:

This bug is NOT NEW to Wappler but Teodor asked that I start a new topic more clearly defining the issue. My apologies in advance if this has already been reported but my searches haven’t revealed such.

In short, when I attempt to edit a flow for either app on:Load or on:Ready, via the graphical interface, the changes are NOT saved. I have to edit the code manually.

This does NOT happen on every single page and thus far, I’ve not been able to find a correlation or characteristic of the pages on which this phenomena occurs versus those on which is doesn’t.

Has anyone else experienced what I am showing in the video? This problem has plagued me long before version 6 and perhaps even occurred in version 4.

So is this related to onload and onready events only? And is happening with the condition step only?

Hi Richard,

I tried to reproduce your problem exactly as described in the video but it always worked well to me.
Could you try to isolate it more in a case that always happen?

Also are you on the latest Wappler 6.0.3?

After a lot of testing, I was finally able to find a case when the flow editor value is not updated in the document.

It happens only on main pages when additional components are used in the flow that require adding some includes to the head first. So primary in php full pages. In node it doesn’t happen much as there the content and main layout pages are separate.

So this happens only initially when the head includes needs to be added, after that it is all ok.

That explains the rare occurring and difficulty to reproduce.

Will work on a fix now for the next update.

6 Likes

If anybody questions whether or not they should use Wappler… I hope they find this thread. The Wappler Development Team is AMAZING! I am impressed beyond words that the FOUNDER of the company rolls up his sleeves and digs relentlessly to uncover any issue that the community discovers. In addition, the users are also incredible and offer tremendous value as well. Thank you so much! I am a committed Wapplerian (or whatever the appropriate term is).

9 Likes

… and on a Sunday before Christmas…

Thanks @George! :tada:

4 Likes

Fixed in Wappler 6.0.4

I just downloaded 6.0.4 and the issue still occurs. Would it be beneficial to submit my code to Teodor and/or George, so they can see what I am working with? Or perhaps there is other information you would like from me. Just let me know and thank you again!

Yes you can send it to me in PM

Yes sir! Done…

I inspected your html and found the problem.

Don’t know how you managed it but you had a session tag in your page HEAD tag, like:

<dmx-session-manager id="session1"></dmx-session-manager>

because such tag is not allowed in the head - it essentially breaks the whole html so the editor couldn’t find the rest of the tags and that is why visual editing was actually pretty much disabled.

So move this tag into the body, refresh then everything and then the editing should work fine.

1 Like

You are the BEST! And… I have no idea how I did that either… seriously. I truly cannot thank you enough. I’m embarrassed by the error and also relieved that it isn’t a problem with Wappler.

1 Like