Docs for Data Store Component

What are you trying to achieve - why copy whole database tables in the local storage?

Is it based on HTML5 LocalStorage? If so, we should take into account each browser limits, right?

2 Likes

Yes it is based on LocalStorage indeed

1 Like

This is why, @Teodor ā€¦

This might be straightforward to optimise - by using Debounce, eg:

This will prevent a query being triggered unless the user pauses for 400ms while typing. This could dramatically reduce the number of queries being sent to the server - and give the user a better experience (more useful results and better performance).

It might also be worth seeing if you could cache some of the queries - again reducing the number of queries and improving performance.

1 Like

@Antony - I built a shopping cart last night in about 15 mins - product detail page adds to cart, cart page shows it. Even adding a button to remove an item from the cart and another button to empty the cart were just a few seconds to implement. Iā€™m now working on finer details like changing the quantity of items in the cart but even that is straight forward. Iā€™m excited to see what the other features to arrive next Thursday will be.

4 Likes

Hi! Could u share your files project so others can study and improve? Or may be if u have the time u could do a short video about using data store component in a wcart project. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Max_Saravia - yes, I will try and do a video showing the process. Iā€™ll wait until this weekā€™s update because it sounds like there will be a lot more features and some of the processes may be simplified even further. The site is still under development so I canā€™t share anything of that but Iā€™ll see if I can build a demo site using the same techniques as Iā€™m sure it will be helpful to many.

1 Like

Guys, we are going to put the docs online as soon as the component is officially integrated. We added it as a preview in last weekā€™s update.

3 Likes

I need to get the value of a specific record but cannot find anywhere Get Record option.
WHere di you find it ?

You need to display the Data Binding panel and choose from that. If youā€™re not using a repeat, you would need to include the index, eg:
{{user_prefs.data[1].somePref}}

so we cannot retreive a record with a key ?

How is the data stored and how do you want to access it? The datastore returns its data as array and you could use the formatters to get a specific record, like {{user_prefs.data.where("key", 1, "==")}}.

I hadnā€™t used wappler for a long time and here I am again faced with the same problem. :frowning:
I get this error when trying your code.

Formatter where in expression [user_prefs.data.where("key",1,"==")] doesn't exist for type array

have an idea ?

thx !

Iā€™m unable to setup datastore, can anybody guide me how do I push data in datastore through form input

Please donā€™t post the same question in different topic over and over again.
If you have specific questions about data store, post them in a separate topic, explaining in details what your issue is.

Iā€™m unable to setup datastore

Is in no way a detailed explanation of the issue.

@Teodor - just came across this looking for a solution to something.

I have a form, 29 inputs - relating to my ElasticSearch, as you know. I want to provide our end user with the option to ā€˜storeā€™ a search, which can be any number of combinations from the 29 filters.

Iā€™ve been exploring the Data Store, and reading through this post. It looks like I can set an event > add record and even update/add record for the Data Store on form submit/success easily enough.

However, what I donā€™t quite understand, is when I do this on ā€˜submitā€™ - I donā€™t have any inputs, or variables, it just inserts a record. Can you help me to understand what this ā€˜recordā€™ would be when done on a form success event action.

I see a record created in dev tools storage, but no actual data from the form. How would I pass the full form into, or only the inputs used into the datastore?

The alternative, I could perhaps add to the data store on each input update perhaps, but that seems like an unnecessary load to do that if not every user wishes to save a search, or that specific search.

Whatā€™s the expected time for having this feature wappler?

HI @Qaiser, my understanding is that this is currently a feature of Wappler.