Docs for Data Store Component

Save for later. i.e. long forms that are left incomplete.
Auto-save features. i.e. blog post.
Sync to database when online.

3 Likes

The biggest benefit for mobile web:

Sync to database when online.

1 Like

as for database synching we are actually looking to integrate a great solution:

https://pouchdb.com/

12 Likes

I think this can be as exciting as nodejs. :slight_smile: @George

@George Wowā€¦ Simply canā€™t wait for thisā€¦ this will be a game changerā€¦

1 Like

Given we already have Local Storage Manager, I wouldnā€™t have thought the Data Store component was a game changer from that point of view - but I donā€™t have a very clear idea yet of its potential. However, as you suggest, it could be leading up to new features which will be more ā€˜game-changingā€™:

Yes. And/or perhaps itā€™s related to the forthcoming ā€˜task runnerā€™ - which from my point of view could be a major game-changer.

2 Likes

Coming in Wappler 2.5.4 later today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me and Ken, working with mobile and desktop, this will be very useful for offline synchronisation with our respective applications? :slight_smile:

1 Like

In the future I hope it will be useful for others besides you and Ken. I expect there a few people like me who are watching as the two of you do battle with the likes of Cordova and Android emulators. Once youā€™ve won, the less brave might want to join in.

3 Likes

Could do with a few more of us! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For those who have used Angular and Vue js know very well how useful this is

2 Likes

Oh ya, weā€™ll win. No doubt. Definitely learning a ton here and will be happy to share.

4 Likes

Good luck. I and many others I expect will be very grateful.

Had only just been starting to get my head around local and session storage, so I donā€™t quite have a context in which to put thisā€¦

But in a nutshell is it a cleaner and more flexible interface to storing potentially complex data structures in either local or session locations?

I presume there is no way to read encrypted data from the database into the Data Store and then decrypt it client side?

Shopping carts, favorite lists, any custom data lists your users want to use ā€¦ any dynamic data you want to get from your dynamic data source and reuse across all your pages.

I want to be able to

1. read 1000 database contact records once and store them locally
  2. live search through the local copy
  3. update or add one record to the database.
  4. Load the updated or added record to the local copy of 1000.
  5. Keep on live searching locally.

The reason being I need to totally optimise my database hits to reduce my hosting costs when I have 1000s of usersā€¦ And at the moment, live search hits the database each time you type a new letter into the name search!

Is what I wish to do easily done with the Data Store?

Yes, but I watched the shopping cart video and it all looked possible beforeā€¦ So is it just much easier now?

Exactly.
Until now it was not easy to define your local storage schema, insert, update or delete data there as in the database updater UI. Now itā€™s just a few clicks and no need to write any custom code.

Fabuloso!

And can you read a database table and store it straight into the Data Store, and the structure is taken from the table you read?

May be a silly question, but I am a newbie to Wappler and client side storageā€¦ It did seem a bit of a black art so far! (So like very complicated)