Thanks for reporting an issue! Spend 60 seconds reading this…
- Before reporting, make sure you have the latest version of Wappler.
- Make sure you have searched the forum first for similar issues being reported
- If it is a general web related issue - do a Google Search first
- Issue tracker is only for bugs and feature requests, in English only.
- Learn how to report bugs effectively
======== TEMPLATE BUG FORM ========
Wappler Version : 2.2.1 (appled to 2.2.0 also)
Operating System : Windows 10
What do you think should happen?
Files should not be locked
What actually happens?
Directories and files are locked
How to reproduce
- Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
- A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
- A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
- Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue
Very early report of this with little supporting info but thought i would document this as I lost a lot of time yesterday due to it
I have recently been busy with a site and found that some directories (and i think in 1 case a file) , once created became locked and could not be deleted or renamed locally throwing this message in Windows
I tried various solutions offered by Google to no avail and finally downloaded Microsoft Process Explorer which showed that Wappler had placed locks on several files and folders.
This was confusing as I had tried closing Wappler in case of that possibility and even a reboot did not seem to resolve it
I finally identified that these locks are present even when just the tray icon process was active (which of course opens automatically on restart)
Closing the tray icon appears to release those locks allowing delete/ rename
So if anyone also hits this issue,. the solution is easy, close Wappler COMPLETELY including tray icons to rename/delete locked files