Direct Database connection

Hi,

Can someone please help me set up a direct connection with a provider. I don’t care which at this point. I just want to get started, but I’ve been struggling with this for two days now. I’m connected to the database via the Server Actions, but I can’t figure out how I do a direct connection.

What provider are you trying to connect to?

https://www.20i.com/ just because it was used in the Contact Manager webinar.

I solved it!

For anyone who has the same problem and stumble across this post, I found the solution here: Database manager and remote connections

I can see that it has been said a thousand times before, but you guys really need better documentation and video tutorials. I’ve never been this frustrated starting out with a new platform/product. And if I wasn’t so desperate to get my agency away from Webflow, I would have given up a long time ago :sweat_smile:

Just an idea @George, but I would gladly pay 300-500 euro to get a crash course. Maybe something to think about as a service in the future :slight_smile:

Anyway, excited about finally getting started now :grin:

2 Likes

There is already a great Wappler getting started course:

As for your database connection settings well those are very much dependent of the hosting you have.

Yeah, already watched that :ok_hand:

I might just be a little frustrated after spending two days trying to connect to the database, so I’m sorry if I came out negative. I see how powerful Wappler is, so I was anxious to get started.

Agreed on the frustration level. Unbelievable. I’ve never used WF but I used Phakt for many years and although it reportedly had some issues it WORKED OUT OF THE BOX without any.

George you guys need to do more so we can learn more. not enough. Thank you