Digital Ocean String in Database Manager

Hello all =]

Attempted to implemented the Digital Ocean Managed DB steps for the new Database manager: Creating Database Connections with the Database Manager
but received the following error - error connecting: self signed certificate in certificate chain
Use case performed on a new DB and project as per instructions - Has anyone experienced this?

Hopefully i’m not overlooking something simple =p

Thanks!

same problem here! help please!

Good afternoon! I’m having the same problem too with Digital Ocean/MySQL. Same error message. Manual connection using dBeaver; successful. Thank you.

Is it possible to setup a Digital Ocean instance and test to see if the support team receives the same result? Thanks!

Hi, I had the same problem. It was solved when I chose ‘Default’ instead of ‘Digital Ocean RDS’ profile.

Thank you for your reply. See screenshots below. I have Wappler 3.6.1 installed (previously 3.6.0 with the same result). Tested with MySQL Workbench and dBeaver successfully.

Authentication

The following error message means you are attempting to connect to MySQL using an application or a version 5.x client that does not support the caching_sha2_password .

ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Copy

If you are getting this error using a PHP based application to connect to the database, this solution only works for applications using PHP 7.2 or higher. DigitalOcean Managed Databases using MySQL 8+ are automatically configured to use caching_sha2_password authentication by default. caching_sha2_password uses a stronger password encryption than prior versions of MySQL and PHP based applications using PHP 7.1 or older do not support MySQL 8+ password encryption. If your applications are experiencing authentication issues, you can use the Password Encryption option in the control panel to set a user’s password encryption settings to MySQL 5.x encryption settings.

Alternatively, you can connect using MySQL 8.x and issue the following statement, which will change the password type the server will accept for the current user. Replace use_your_user with your MySQL username, and replace use_your_password with the user’s current password. After successfully executing the statement, you should be able to connect to MySQL with a 5.x client or an application that does not support caching_sha2_password :

" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: monospace, serif; font-size: 13.6px; border-radius: 2px; white-space: pre; background: inherit; border: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; color: rgb(103, 103, 103); direction: ltr; text-align: left; word-spacing: normal; word-break: normal; line-height: 1.4em; tab-size: 2; hyphens: none;">ALTER USER use_your_user IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'your_password';

Just like magic; it connected successfully.

Workaround

1. Change profile to default.
  2. Create new user account in database from Digital Ocean control panel and select MySQL 5.x Legacy authentication option.

Thank you, everyone! It’s going to be a fun day!

2 Likes