Deleted Global DB Connections and Security provider keep reappearing

Hi,

Wappler v3.5.6
MacOS BigSur
Experimental Features - Enabled

I have come across this issue in v3.5.6 after enabling the Experimental Features to use Global features.

I duplicated a couple of DB Connections, setup the new connection details and deleted the old DB Connections. However, after closing and reopening the app, the old DB Connections reappear in the Global DB Connection List. This is also happening with the Security Provider.

I can see that the json files for these DB Connections and Security Providers have been deleted in the corresponding project folders in the file explorer App_Data\ServerConnect\modules\Connections but these reappear after the app is closed and reopened.

I have not experienced any issue so far with the server actions or app connect after these have been deleted or due to their reappearance. But I’m not sure whether there is any code lingering in the background that can cause the app to stop working after these files have been permanently deleted?

Do I need to delete these files in another place in the project folders?

I had the same issue. I had to manually delete each duplicate on both local and target locations to get rid of them.

I suggest to look at the target because these duplicates were found there too. After multiple deletes on the the local side, only to see them reappear later, I began to suspect that these frequent appearances was due to the sync of the local and target when a save or publish was initiated.

Thanks for your response.

I have deleted files in both source and target directories, but deleted files reappear in the source project directory as soon as Wappler is reopened.

I can see that the files have been correctly deleted in the source folder when deleted in the UI. But it looks like the deleted information is still saved in the project and is not being cleared completely.

Do you have Wappler installed on more than one machine? If so, you will need to do the same on it as well. Remove all extra files from both the local and target locations.

I am running Wappler on one machine only.

I have been able to delete the DB connections under Globals completely after I deleted corresponding DB Connections under the Database Manager. It seems DB Connections under Database Manager and Globals stay in sync. so, unless DB Connections have been deleted in the Database Manager, these will keep reappearing in the Globals.

Security Provider still keeps reappearing even after it has been deleted from both Source and Target locations.

I believe George is working on a fix. Perhaps it won’t be long before they get a resolution.

Yes you just need to delete both indeed.

Hi @George, thanks for confirming this.

Fixed in Wappler 3.7.1

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 46 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.