Wappler Version : 3.0.0 Beta 5
Operating System : W10Pro-latest
What do you think should happen?
The project’s database structure and data were saved as a backup while on the local (Docker) target.
When deploying a new (remote Docker) target that database structure (of the default db database) should be copied to the new target on deployment, according to @George. This is my db structure on the local Docker target:
What actually happens?
The database structure is not copied and demo database structure from Wappler is created on the Docker remote target:
How to reproduce
- Setup a local docker target with default db Database (PostgreSQL)
- Create a database structure, tables and fields
- Save Database Data and Structure:
- Setup a remote Docker target, also with PostgreSQL database:
- Deploy the project on the remote target
- Check the default db database structure in the database manager and see the expected database structure is not there.
While being advised before to try the beta version as a solution for this issue, I also tried on stable version before and had the same problems there.
I also mentioned this problem to @George and @Teodor in a private conversation before, there’s even a video where I reproduce the issue in this post.
EDIT: I tried the same process on a local docker target, also doesn’t copy the database structure and data.
Please let me know if you need more details. Thanks.