Data Store properties missing in dynamic events

OS info

• Operating System : Mac OSX 23.4.0
  • Wappler Version : 6.4.2

Problem description

data store properties disappear with this new version.

Steps to reproduce

1.Select a button
2…Dynamic Events / Mouse Click
3. Data Store Upsert (all properties gone!)

Does this happen when you add new dynamic event or when you edit an existing one? I can’t seem to recreate this issue.

Please restart Wappler with logging, recreate the issue and attache the debug log to this topic.

This usually happens to me when my config file gets messed up. If I understand correctly, that’s where the metadata for this is stored.

public/dmxAppConnect/config.js

Unfortunately this file is very easy to mess up in a collaborative environment, as it will throw conflicts frequently due to it’s structure.

@Teodor Is there some kind of a solution to regenerate / fix this file? Or change it somehow so metadata is stored separately for each page? I think that would help with the merge issues.

@agmichaca - is this when you have already added the actions but go back in to edit them?

@Teodor - I have seen this when editing existing dynamic events. The code in code view is correct but the properties panel is empty. I often have to add the same step (producing the same code - no different content., modal., conditional.… references) to see the properties again and then remove the original step

Well if you know how to recreate it, just follow the instructions in the post i shared and submit your debug log after recreating the issue.

Hello @Teodor it happend with a new dynamic event, and I also check the actions in others pages and is the same. Here you have the report. Thanks

report1712922776400.zip (533.2 KB)

As additional data I can see that the data Store is empty, there are no variables. The DS is in main.ejs. I have reviewed the files in Git manager and there are no clue of change.

@bpj Start with a new one.
The code after add the action:

<button class="btn flex-shrink-0 btn-danger" type="button" dmx-on:click="dsCart.upsert({})">

Have you defined schema for your data store?

Yes, and It’s gone too.

Well if the schema is gone, you won’t see any properties there. Please just recreate the schema.

That worked, but why were the variables erased?

I can’t answer this, if you remember what exactly did you do before the schema was removed please share the steps to reproduce.

I just remember deleting a Server Connect, but maybe is like @borbinka2 said.

Did you manipulated a DataView component in your page and wappler crashed?
Maybe this is the reason that variables got lost (config.js)…

No, just removed a Server Connect, also the Query Manager params, get lost.

Just as a quick suggestion… you’ve not changed the App ID on the page(s) have you?

No, I don’t. Thanks.