Data Picker - nothing showing for Select inputs

Wappler Version : 3.1.0
Operating System : Mac OS 10.15.6

Expected behavior

What do you think should happen?

When choosing a data source for Select inputs the data picker should allow picking of text and value fields

Actual behavior

What actually happens?

The source can be selected but when trying to populate the value/text fields, the whole data picker is empty:

How to reproduce

• Detail a step by step guide to reproduce the issue
  • A screenshot or short video indicating the problem
  • A copy of your code would help. Include: JS, HTML.
  • Test your steps on a clean page to see if you still have an issue

Get data with Server connect, create a form with select. Try to attache dynamic options to it.

This is still an issue. Can I give it a little nudge into the ‘to fix’ pile please?

Maybe you should check where the server connect is and if it is bound to the right data.

Try to reproduce this on a blank page otherwise.

Ahhh. I found why - it is when the Server Connect is within a conditional region, the data picker doesn’t show the fields.

If I type the field name into the ‘code’ part of the data picker it works so it appears to be when the data picker is looking up the fields, it doesn’t account for the id of the region. I’ve also tried it when the SC is within a modal and it does the same - anytime the parent id is required, it seems.

Yes each app connect component creates a bee scope for its children. So to access it from outside you need to follow the right nesting.

Did it matter if the region has an id?

I don’t know the full list of components that require the id to identify Server Connect binding within but it definitely happens with conditional regions and modals. The select element works on the page if you manually put the field name in using the code view of the data picker - it is just that the actual picker part is completely empty

1 Like

this will be solved in the next update

1 Like

Thanks George

This is fixed in Wappler 3.4.2

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.