Data Formatting & Workspace & Bug

Wappler Version : 3.3.2
Operating System : Win10x64

When solving this problem, oh, I suffered:

1. If i delete data bind expression from data field value deleted only in UI.

2. Data Formatting generate incorrect code, sometime not save expression and Workspace not render formated data:
    (browser1.device.width > 750) ? Products_group_desc : Products_group_desc.trunc(10, ‘true’, ‘…’))

Correct code:
(browser1.device.width > 750) ? Products_group_desc : Products_group_desc.trunc(10, ‘true’, ‘…’)

I confirm. I too encounter a bug in the Data Binding and formatter.

If I create an expression in the formatter (1) and then click select (2):

The expression will not appear in the code:

If I go back to Data Binding, I’ll see this:

It’s not really clear what exactly are you selecting and formatting from your screenshots. Maybe you can explain step by step what exactly are you doing there.

I don’t understand what exactly you want me to show you. I tried to make the most step-by-step description of the problem. Can’t you see what I’m formatting and how it looks in the screenshot? Or do you mean something else?

This is very strange. But I tried to recreate everything again to describe the actions in even more detail. And I couldn’t recreate the problem. Although I did all the same steps. Unclear.

So it’s working fine now?

At the moment, I can’t recreate the bug again. But the bug is clearly there, because I come across it not for the first time. I can’t figure out what triggers it yet. I get around it mainly by entering the expression into the code with my hands. So it doesn’t bother me much.

I tried recreating such an expression but see no issue with that. We need the exact steps when exactly this happens so we can reproduce it.

Yes, I know what you mean. I will watch the steps I took more closely when I come across this again. So that it can be repeated to you.

1. If I configuring expression in UI, sometimes if i press confirm btn expression not saved. Have to repeat the expression twice.
  2. When you delete an expression, it is not removed from the code, it is displayed in the preview.