Custom member pages

I have a idea I want to create but struggling with how to go about it, I’m wanting a user generated content section (a bit like when you click on a users instagram profile you get the pics and can swipe to tagged pics) but I’m wanting the content to be

1. Only the user who created the content can edit it
  2. The content needs to be different depending on user choice (these will be block like in wappler but my own styles) one user might want 3 column of text another might want a image gallery another might want both aswell as more of these options.
    How would I create this as to where lets say a user creates a project on the site gives it a name this would then give them their own page under that project name to edit etc. Would I need to make a new file per project the user creates?

Hi, welcome to the community.
Here are some pointers that should help you.

1. Using Wappler’s security options, you can easily show/hide parts of pages or complete pages based on the logged in user. Security providers need to be applied on server side and client sides too (as per server model) for a secure app.
  2. A single profile page can be made to be used for all users. With routing, it would give the user “personalised” feel. Eg: domain.com/profile/hello123 and domain.com/profile/sorryduh would both open the same page, but customized to the username in url.
  3. Based on user’s preference (a separate settings page maybe) you can show hide parts of profile page to look like 3-column or anything else that is pre-defined.

These concepts might feel alien or weird in Wappler’s context, but you need to give Wappler some time to sink in… Just ride the learning curve… Search in community and docs… Everything you have written so far can be done natively in Wappler (via design or code view).

2 Likes

Would this be the same as if you was visiting someones account like viewing someone else’s instagram for example, does the url pass the info for domain.com/users/sid and domain.com/users/sorryduh on the same page and just looks for some condition containing the username to show either sids or sorryduhs content or something?
Thanks for the help

The single page that @sid is talking about, is dynamically populated. The content for the page is usually kept inside a database. A query - or set of queries - will determine what information to show.

Having said that, I feel that you should approach this one step at a time. You could start with user login as per User Registration and Login Course

Pretty much yes.
If the user opening the page is themselves, it shows more options… And of someone else opens the same page, they see lomited options and maybe even a different UI.

We have not yet done anything where we keep the page html in DB. We just put things in CRs and server actions have security protocols in place to make sure nothing fishy is going on.
I don’t thing any dynamic content can be put in DB… Like Wappler parts of the html. But it would be something to play with.